Manager, Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning
The Clean Cooking Alliance (CCA) works with a global network of partners to build an inclusive industry that makes clean cooking accessible to the 2.4 billion people who live each day without it. Established in 2010, CCA is driving consumer demand, mobilizing investment to build a pipeline of scalable businesses, and fostering an enabling environment that allows the sector to thrive. Clean cooking transforms lives by improving health, protecting the climate and environment, empowering women, and helping consumers save time and money.
The Manager, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) will provide analytical, technical, and programmatic support to CCA teams to assist the organization’s overall mission to save lives, improve livelihoods, empower women, and combat climate change by creating a thriving global market for clean and efficient household cooking solutions. The Manager, MEL will manage CCA’s M&E work through project-level M&E, and the design, execution, and maintenance of the organization-wide Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Framework. The Manager will conduct data collection, analysis and reporting and ensure data quality for the project level indicators and for CCA’s organization-wide Standard Indicators (SI). The Manager, MEL will support in execution of CCA’s Learning Agenda and in calculating CCA’s impact to the sector.
The Manager, MEL will report to the Senior Director, Research, Evidence, and Learning (REL) and is an integral member of CCA’s Science, Evidence, and Learning (SEL) ream. They will also work closely across CCA teams to ensure strong linkages between M&E and CCA programming.
This position is based remotely in the United States.
Implementation of CCA’s MEL Framework
- Oversee data collection, ensure data quality, and maintain an ongoing system of data management for the MEL Framework’s Standard Indicators (SI).
- Lead qualitative and quantitative data analysis of the SI for donor reporting.
- Provide pertinent SI data for CCA’s project specific needs.
- Lead production of CCA’s annual MEL Framework Report.
- Contribute to the process of updating and revising the MEL Framework, as needed.
- Identify areas of program improvement and work with program teams to implement changes.
- Serve as an internal resource for staff to understand and use the MEL Framework.
- In coordination with CCA’s MEL and project teams, ensure adequate M&E design and implementation of CCA projects.
- Support CCA teams to collect and analyze indicator data for projects.
- Conduct data analysis and ensure data quality of project-level indicators.
- Contribute to drafting M&E sections of CCA projects’ annual and quarterly reports.
- Oversee M&E budgets and contracts of external consultants, as needed.
- Provide M&E technical support for proposal development.
- Provide support to CCA’s Learning Agenda activities.
- Respond to M&E donor requests, especially related to quantitative analysis and impact measurement.
- Serve as an internal resource for M&E capacity building for CCA staff.
- Represent CCA’s M&E work to external audiences. as needed, including donors, other stakeholder groups, and at conferences.
- Maintain working knowledge of the UNF agreement process (for both contracts and grants), and when to utilize the proper templates accordingly. (As applicable to the role)
- Draft and review agreements and maintain an understanding of all agreement terms and applicable flow-downs, consulting with UNF’s finance/contracts team as needed.
- Attend training sessions provided by UNF’s contracts team to maintain knowledge on UNF’s current policies and procedures.
- Maintain a strong knowledge of UNF’s Salesforce database to be able to process and track agreements, extract information and prepare reports, as needed.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree or higher in a related field preferred.
- 5-7 years of relevant work experience, including at least 3-5 years of experience with quantitative M&E or data project management experience.
- Solutions-oriented and able to manage and advance multiple task and responsibilities in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Problem-solver with a proactive, no-task-is-too-small nature who takes initiative.
- Team-oriented, supportive work style, and able to work independently.
- Excellent communicator, able to synthesize and convey complex information clearly.
- Excellent judgment and creative problem-solving skills, including negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and handle stress.
- High ethical standards and ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion with sensitive information.
- Ability to learn new systems and collaboration platforms efficiently.
- Proven project M&E management skills, preferably in international development contexts, including the ability to move project MEL frameworks forward from inception to implementation to completion with adherence to deadlines.
- Strong analytical skills and experience with data analysis tools (e.g., Excel, R Studio, SPSS, Stata).
- Demonstrated data management skills, including experience cleaning data and managing large datasets.
- Strong experience with design and implementation of M&E tools, surveys, and monitoring systems, and with conducting in-depth interviews and focus groups
- Experience with conducting learning activities and/or evaluations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Ability to work with various teams
- Ability to follow instructions thoroughly
- Ability to work under pressure and handle stress
- Personal commitment to the Clean Cooking Alliance and United Nations Foundation’s missions preferred
Benefits & Compensation
For full-time, benefit eligible employees, UNF offers an excellent range of benefits, including:
- a choice between two health plans through UnitedHealthcare (PPO or HDHP with HSA)
- dental insurance
- vision insurance
- flexible spending accounts
- 403b retirement savings plan with a generous matching contribution
- group term and supplemental life insurance
- short-term disability
- long-term disability
- health club discounts
- commuter subsidy
- back-up care
- employee assistance program
Additionally, all benefit eligible employees have 12 paid holidays, 20 vacation days, 10 sick days, 3 personal days, and 8 weeks of family leave care.
To learn more and apply, click here.