Enhancing Equality, Equity, and Access to Basic Goods and Services Webinar
Date: March 2, 2021
Time: 9:00 AM EST
George Mason University’s Institute for a Sustainable Earth and Business for a Better World Center are co-hosting this webinar on Equality, Equity, and Access to Basic Goods and Services as part of ISE’s Research to Action webinar series. The series is designed to explore the intersecting dimensions of the UN Sustainability Development Goals (SDGs), discuss the interactions between research and practice, and inspire novel collaborations to identify solutions.
This panel discussion will focus on how researchers and practitioners are working together to address local and global disparities that have been exacerbated by the COVID-19 pandemic and continue to threaten the security of hundreds of millions. The speakers will highlight ongoing efforts aimed at reducing inequality (SDG 5 and SDG 10), enhancing equality, and ensuring access to basic goods and services (SDG 1, SDG 2, and SDG 6) for everyone.
- JACK GOLDSTONE, Professor of Public Policy and Director of the Center for the Study of Social Change, Institutions and Policy (SCIP), Schar School of Policy and Government, George Mason University.
- DONEE ALEXANDER, Senior Director of Evidence and Impact, Clean Cooking Alliance (CCA).
- MANISH BAPNA, Executive Vice President and Managing Director, World Resources Institute (WRI).
- SUPRIYA BAILY, Associate Professor and Co-Director of the Center for International Education, International Education/Education Leadership (IEEL), College of Education and Human Development, George Mason University.
- TEHAMA LOPEZ BUNYASI, Assistant Professor of Conflict Analysis and Resolution, Carter School for Peace and Conflict Resolution, George Mason University.
- JP SINGH, Professor of International Commerce and Policy, Schar School of Policy and Government, George Mason University.