Sustainable Energy Innovation: Powering Gender Equity
At the 67th session of the Commission on the Status of Women in New York, the Gender and Energy Compact, co-led by the United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO), ENERGIA – International Network on Gender and Sustainable Energy, and the Global Women’s Network for the Energy Transition (GWNET) are joining hands with SEforALL, to host the side event “Sustainable energy innovation: Powering gender equity.”
This event will occur on Friday, March 17, 2023, from 08:15 – 09:30 EDT | 13:15 – 14:30 CET.
We will discuss the leading role of women in energy technology innovation and will elaborate on the following questions:
- What challenges do women and girls face in sustainable energy, and what success stories can we learn from? What is the role of education?
- How can technological innovation empower women in the sustainable energy sector? What are the benefits of sustainable energy technology for gender equality and women’s empowerment?
- How can governments and the private sector support women cleantech innovators/entrepreneurs?
- How do we further include women in the clean energy value chain?
- How do we empower women and girls as cleantech innovators/entrepreneurs?
Moderated by Ms. Kanika Chawla, Chief of Staff, SEforALL, the event will be opened by Mr. Ralf Bredel, Director & Representative of the United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO) to the United Nations Headquarters and the other International Organizations in New York. Ms. Anna Pála Sverrisdóttir, Counsellor, Ministry for Foreign Affairs of Iceland, will give the keynote address.
Other outstanding speakers include:
- Ms. Katherine Lucey, Founder and Chief Executive Officer of Solar Sister
- Ms. Shazia Khan, CEO, EcoEnergy
- Ms. Anita Otubu, Senior Director of Universal Energy Facility, SEforALL
- Ms. Eduarda Oliviera Zoghbi, Senior Advisor, Student Energy
- Mr. Jacob Thoppil, Lead Partnerships Officer, Climate Investment Funds
How to Attend
Please save the date and join us at the UN HQ GA Building, New York, Room CR-8.
You can still follow the conversation if you’re not at the conference in person. The event will be broadcast live in streaming here: https://bit.ly/42a8A3m.
To learn more, click here.