Supporting investors in the clean cooking industry
The Alliance supports investors and donors who span the commercial to concessional spectrum, including direct investors, investors in intermediaries/funds, lenders, equity investors, mezzanine capital providers, and grant-makers.
Our support responds to investor needs and can include:
- Identification of pipeline opportunities
- Compilation of research and market intelligence
- Market insights and advice on technologies and business models
- Identification of co-investors and partners
- Development and implementation of 100/365 day plans for portfolio companies
- Pre- and post-investment advisory support and technical assistance
Developing the world’s first clean cooking-focused investment fund
The Spark+ Africa Fund is a $50-70 million investment fund being developed by the Alliance. The Fund will invest debt, equity, and self-liquidating quasi-equity in companies across the value chain, including distribution and consumer financing providers such as micro-finance institutions and off-grid solar companies. The Fund will be administered by an experienced manager under a separate governance structure, working closely with the Alliance. The Fund will invest $1-5 million per company, invest throughout Sub-Saharan Africa, and is targeting a first close in the second half of 2020.
For further information on support the Alliance can offer to investors in the clean cooking industry, or information on the Spark+ Africa Fund, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to return to the Market Catalyst program page.