Partner Country Toolkit
Since its launch in 2010, the Clean Cooking Alliance has made significant progress in its market-enabling activities. While we are proud of our work on global interventions and our progress toward creating a global market for clean, safe, efficient, and affordable cooking solutions in target countries, we also recognize the importance of local and national progress and are increasingly turning our attention to supporting market development in all of our partner countries. Helping to facilitate progress in each of our partner countries is essential to achieving universal access to clean cooking solutions.
Since 2010, the Alliance has been working with several partner countries to better understand what will be most helpful to partners in advancing their work in the clean cooking sector, in what areas we could improve our work, and what steps could be instrumental in facilitating greater collaboration within the sector. With these experiences and learnings in hand, the Alliance is now better positioned to share this knowledge and help all our partner countries learn from one another’s important work. The Alliance is committed to helping each of its partner countries coordinate their sector stakeholders, collect valuable information that will enable growth of a clean cookstove and fuel market, and garner greater public and private support for action by providing the tools needed to make progress in each of these areas. To do this, the Alliance has developed a Partner Country Toolkit, specifically tailored so that each country has the tools and a ten step plan to:
- Assess the current state of the cookstoves and fuels market;
- Convene cookstove and fuel stakeholders and interested parties;
- Identify barriers and develop an action plan to overcome them;
- Develop an engagement and communications plan;
- Adopt technology standards and commit to product testing;
- Drive investment and scale enterprises to meet consumer need;
- Connect the local cookstove and fuel community with the global community;
- Track and report progress to evaluate success and areas for improvement;
- Learn from the progress and challenges of other countries; and
- Reevaluate necessary interventions by repeating the previous steps.
We hope that this toolkit and guidance from our own experience will help to catalyze our partner countries’ improved cookstove and fuel markets as well as enable stakeholders to be more effective in their work. We are committed to helping all of our country partners make progress in developing their own thriving markets for clean cookstoves and fuels. For more information or to request a tailored partner country toolkit, please email email@example.com.