Arctic Research Center of the Yamal-Nenets autonomous district
1. Biomedical research and environmental monitoring in the Yamal-Nenets Autonomous district.
2. Facilitate the practical application of new knowledge in protection and health promotion.
3. Health and social wellbeing of the indigenous population of Yamal.
4. Adaptation to geomagnetic and meteorological factors in the Arctic (the study and development of methods of correction).
5. Nutrition problems of the indigenous and migrant populations (epidemiology of nutrition, physiological effects of local food products).
Health, Livelihoods, Research
Technologies & Fuels
Coal, Electricity, Natural Gas / Methane
Clean Cooking Activities
The research results will be published in scientific journals.
In the end, the study will contribute to management decisions.
On the territory of the Arctic zone of West Siberia inhabited by indigenous people engaged in reindeer herding and traditional fishing. The life of the reindeer herder's really tough. Frequent and prolonged migrations do not allow to carry sufficient fuel capacity and heavy duty oven. Sparse shrubby vegetation of the tundra requires strict economy of each of the chips. For the sake of saving fuel in the winter and scare away the midges in summer is most often used an open hearth. A source in comparison with a portable stove requires less fuel, but more sadism room. Oven has been used primarily for the Parking of where to deliver the wood. The rest of the time used open hearth. The average family uses in a day 5-7 kg of propellant that provides high enough polutant load.
In addition to air pollution, the life of the fisherman and herder is associated with high physical exertion in the cold.
Part of the indigenous population lives in villages and cooks, heats the house using a stove heating.
These factors naturally lead to the fact that in the structure of morbidity of adult population of the YaNAO in the first place are diseases of the respiratory system.
Further research will contribute to management decisions on improvement of living conditions of the indigenous inhabitants of the tundra and the village population.
Regions Operating In
Europe and Central Asia
Country Based In
Salekhard, Republic street, house 73, floor 6
Primary Point of Contact
Name: Mr. Andrey Lobanov
Secondary Point of Contact
Name: Mr. Sergey Andronov
Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgRequest an Edit to This Profile