Advisor, Innovation Regions for a Just Energy Transition, GIZ
Our model for success is a better life for everyone and purposeful tasks for our employees. For more than 50 years, the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ), as a company of the German Federal Government, has been supporting the implementation of development policy goals worldwide. Together with partner organisations in 120 countries, we are involved in a diverse range of projects. If you want to make a difference in the world and develop yourself in the process, you’ve come to the right place.
Job description: The global project “Innovation Regions for a Just Energy Transition” contributes to a just transition of the energy sector in selected developing countries and emerging economies. The project will support key stakeholder in coal regions to develop and implement plans for a just energy transition, away from coal and towards renewable energy and other sustainable economic activities. In its global component, the project will support the establishment of an “Interregional Platform” for Just Energy Transition in Coal Region to facilitate peer-to-peer learning, capacity development, technical assistance, policy dialogue and knowledge exchange across coal regions in Asia, Africa and Latin America. The project will be commissioned by the Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Climate Action (International Climate Initiative), its global component receives co-funding by the European Commission. The project will be implemented jointly with five other project partner organisations, in a consortium led by GIZ.
- Technical and conceptual implementation of the projects work package “International Policy Dialogue”, including the design, implantation and follow-up on of different dialogue formats on just energy transition in coal regions
- Technical coordination of the dialogues with relevant international initiatives and organisations, the target group and the commissioning parties as well as the projects consortium partner on respective activities under their responsibility
- Conceptualisation, development and backstopping of the roll-out of the policy advise, capacity building, support and technical assistance on/for just energy transition implemented in the project´s “Interregional Network of Coal Regions”, including quality control
- Integration and alignment of work packages and activities by GIZ and all project consortium partner within the project´s global component
- Support to the project lead in the strategic and conceptual design of the project, and the elaboration of annual work plans for the global component, including guidance from the commissioning parties
- Support budget planning and expenditure monitoring of the project’s global component
- Responsible for quality and knowledge management of the segment, as well as, monitoring, reporting and external communication
- Liaison with the commissioning parties, consortium partner as well as other relevant organisations and initiatives based on sound expertise and represent the project lead in key aspect of the project towards them
- Degree-level qualification in economics, social science of engineering, or a comparable qualification
- Several years of professional experience in providing advisory services on regional green economic development strategies, energy transition and emission reduction, climate change, labour market and/or, management of natural resources, preferably related to coal regions
- Experience in working in complex projects and programmes, ideally abroad funded by the German International Climate Initiative and/or the European Commission
- Strong managerial skills in the context of international development cooperation
- Dedicated, reliable team player, good diplomatic and intercultural skills and a sound awareness of gender issues
- Strategic and analytic thinking and acting, able to grasp new concepts rapidly and prioritise key topics
- Business fluent in English and fluent in German; fluent in Spanish is a benefit
- This job is suited to a full or a part-time position.
- The willingness for frequent business trips is required.
- The willingness to work reciprocally abroad and in Germany is required.
Please understand, that we can only accept and process applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your successful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails from our recruiting system as spam.
About the Organization
Your professional and personal development is important to us. At GIZ, you will be offered global work opportunities and an atmosphere that is characterised by diversity, respect and genuine equal opportunities. Gender equality promotion is a matter of course for us. Our benefits are also impressive in terms of work-life balance and family friendliness. Flexible working hours that fit your life situation are an integral part of our corporate culture.
GIZ is a signatory of the Diversity Charter. Recognition, appreciation and inclusion of diversity in the company are important to us. All employees shall be valued – regardless of gender and gender identity, nationality, ethnic origin, religion or belief, disability, age or sexual orientation.
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
To learn more and apply, click here.