Investment Director, Bboxx
Reports to: Managing Director
Who we are:
Bboxx is a UK-based Next Generation Utility company providing affordable, reliable and clean energy solutions to meet off-grid customers’ energy needs. We are fully vertically integrated, controlling every part of our customer experience. having already impacted over 2 million customers’ lives with our solar home systems (SHS) so far and diversification into clean cooking and other utilities underway, we have 1000+ staff working across five offices in Europe, Asia and Africa – who are waking up every morning to transform the lives of our customers and to unlock their potential.
- Manage Bboxx’s investments in its different Opcos. Drive their growth and financial performance
- Support Bboxx Operating Entities (Kenya, Rwanda, DRC, Togo, Nigeria, and Burkina Faso) in defining and executing their strategic roadmap and growth
- Act as Board Director for some of those entities
- Track and analyse performance of our operating entities vs business plan objectives
- Support key local HR local issues such as new country Director, or their first line, recruitment
- Organise sharing of operational best practices and market insights between operating entities
- Be involved in the definition of the targets for these entities and in their remuneration committees
- Lead the decision-making process with other internal and external stakeholders
- Lead project development through unit economics and pricing analysis
- Support M&A opportunities or opening of new markets
- Work on local B2B and B2G projects
- 5 to 10 years’ experience in consulting, banking, corporate strategy, or operations
- Previous experience or strong interest in business in Africa and energy is a plus
- Strong communication and oral presentation skills
- Fluent in English and French
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s in business, finance, engineering, political studies, or economics
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel and PowerPoint specifically)
- Willingness to travel regularly to the different operating entities
- Analytical and problem solving: very strong analytical and problem solving skills, and the ability to think in a structured way
- Stakeholder management: ensure alignment among the different shareholders of each entity to ensure smooth governance
- Self-motivation: ability to identify problems, and lead the collaborative charge to solve them
- Project management: ability to multi-task, strong project management & decision-making skills
- Financial acumen: excellent understanding of financial metrics and risk/reward analysis
- Team player: able to engage with colleagues to raise questions and receive feedback
At Bboxx, we celebrate our differences, and recognize the strength in the diversity of our people. We are a global employer who believe in providing opportunities for all its employees to unlock their potential regardless of background, age, sex, race, religion, or personal beliefs.
We look to recruit individuals from all different backgrounds and encourage you to apply to roles you are passionate about, even if you need help from us to develop your skills. We strive to create an inclusive environment and regularly celebrate the diversity of our people through events arranged by our Culture Committee. Bboxx provides a workplace where you can be your authentic self and focus on our mission of transforming lives through access to energy!
To learn more and apply, click here.