Product Program Manager, BioLite
TITLE: Product Program Manager
LOCATION: Brooklyn, New York
REMOTE /IN OFFICE: BioLite has a hybrid work model where employees are in office 3-4 days per week. This role has the possibility of being remote for an experienced candidate
REPORTS TO: Manager of Product Program Management
COMPENSATION: Salary is comparable to other early-stage companies, and includes benefits like fully covered healthcare, company bonus plan, and equity stock options.
- Comprehensive healthcare plans. BioLite pays 100% of monthly premiums.
- PTO and family leave
- Free One Medical membership.
- Community bonus plan and equity stock options.
- Adventure Stipend (after two years)
- Community engagement activities – we celebrate each other’s wins and work as a team!
BioLite is a for-profit social enterprise that develops, manufactures and markets distributed energy solutions for off-grid communities around the world. Our business serves two distinct markets, developing-world families living in energy poverty, and outdoor enthusiasts seeking off-grid cooking, charging and lighting products.
BioLite believes in a bright and safe future for all, and that includes life at work. BioLite is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace where we aim to enable everyone to show up as their full selves. An inclusive environment and culture makes our solutions better and our entire team smarter. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status.
BioLite is looking for a dynamic Product Program Manager. You will work with an exceptional product development team with a passion for the outdoors and motivated by a powerful social mission. You will lead the execution of new product programs from concept, to development, through to large-scale production. You’ll work with the Product Development team, the Manufacturing team, and Supply-Chain partners to bring new, innovative products to the market. You will be a thinking partner to the Manager of Product Program Management, working together to guide the goals of the department.
- Lead New Product Development Programs ensuring tracking to Schedule, Cost, Budget, Safety, and Quality.
- Create and maintain Project Schedule and Deliverables Lists
- Lead collaborative and engaged Cross-functional Program meetings and decision-making sessions.
- Track and Manage project risks, ensuring appropriate mitigation and escalation.
- Present status to leadership team to maintain alignment on projects.
- Ensure successful transfer of designs to manufacturing for mass production.
- Foster and manage positive working relationships with cross-functional teams including design, marketing, engineering, and operations.
- Support Manufacturing, Quality, Testing, Engineering, and Operations as needed.
- Travel anticipated approximately 20% of the time in a typical global environment (current travel on hold).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science or Engineering (or equivalent experience)
- 5+ years’ experience in a relevant field working on developing hardware
- Experience in Consumer Electronics product development and manufacturing
- Experience transferring product designs to Contract Manufacturers in China
- Working knowledge of plastic materials, injection molding, sheet metal, and die-casting
Your application should include a PDF of your resume and cover letter explaining why you would be a good fit for this position.