Research Associate, Modern Energy Cooking Services Programme
Loughborough University – School of Social Sciences and Humanities
- Location: Loughborough University, Loughborough
- Salary: From £31,406 per annum. Subject to annual pay award.
- Hours: Full Time
- Full-time and fixed term until 30th September 2023
- An extension for the programme is currently being processed. The likelihood of contracts being extended up to March 2025 is very high.
- Contract Type: Fixed-Term/Contract
- Closes: 15th August 2022
The Modern Energy Cooking Services (MECS) Programme is seeking experienced researchers to join their team. MECS is a 39.8 million programme funded by UK Aid through the Foreign and Commonwealth Development Office, led by Loughborough University. The Research Associates will support the delivery of the MECS programme, working closely with MECS in-country partners, articulating headline research findings to a range of stakeholders, and leading on research uptakes.
We are looking for a team of researchers with skills and experience in the following thematic areas (in alphabetical order):
- Climate and Carbon finance
- Consumer habits
- Energy policy and governance
- Energy systems modelling (on and off-grid)
- Finance (e.g. climate and carbon finance, RBF, multilaterals)
- Finance (e.g. saving and credit behaviour, intra household decision making)
- Gender and inclusion
- Humanitarian and displacement settings
- Integrated energy planning
- Supply chain and logistics (global movement and local assembly and manufacturing)
- Urban studies
Informal enquiries about the posts should be made by email to Dr Louise Medland (email@example.com)
Interviews will be in an assessment day format during the week of 12th September 2022. Shortlisted candidates will be expected to attend in person and for the whole day.
Loughborough University is committed to achieving equality and valuing diversity in all aspects of employment and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Additional information on the Modern Energy Cooking Services Programme is available here: https://mecs.org.uk/
To learn more and apply, click here.