Coronavirus and energy access: radical action in a world transformed at London Climate Action Week
Date: Tuesday 17 November 2020,
Time: 1:00 – 2:00 PM (GMT)
Click here to register
The global pandemic has left global efforts to achieve Sustainable Development Goal 7, universal energy access by 2030, at a crossroads. New ideas, new partnerships and new approaches are urgently needed.
At this event, part of London Climate Action Week, a panel of experts will discuss how improved information sharing, support for grassroots initiatives and system-level reform can overcome the barriers thrown up by coronavirus, encourage investment and speed progress towards SDG7.
The session will draw on insights from Ashden’s new report, Transforming Energy Access: an Ecosystem Approach, which was made possible with the support of the Wallace Global Fund. The session will also explore relevant lessons from other development and sustainability sectors, and ask how new investors and partner organisations can help deliver energy access to more people.
- Harriet Lamb, CEO, Ashden
- Sarah Bieber, Associate Director, Strategic Partnerships, Acumen
- Sandra Smithey, Director, Program & Philanthropic Engagement, Shine
- Sabera Khan, Liaison Manager, Beyond the Grid Fund for Zambia
- Neha Juneja, Co-Founder & Chief Executive Officer, Greenway Appliances