Fighting Pneumonia: An Agenda for Action – Virtual World Pneumonia Day Webinar Event
For World Pneumonia Day, the Fondation Mérieux and Every Breath Counts Coalition are joining forces to host a critical conversation on what governments and international agencies must do to reduce pneumonia deaths and the risk of future respiratory pandemics – featuring:
– ‘Pneumonia and the Pandemic: Challenges and Opportunities’ – Professor Eric McCollum, Johns Hopkins University, Lesotho
– ‘Reducing a Critical Pneumonia Risk: Household Air Pollution’ – Professor Kalpana Balakrishnan, Sri Ramachandra Institute for Higher Education and Research, India
– ‘The Power of the Pneumonia-Fighting Vaccines’ – Dr Chizoba Wonodi, International Vaccine Access Center (IVAC), Nigeria
– ‘The Critical Role of Pulse Oximetry in Reducing Child Pneumonia Deaths’ – Dr Ahmed Ehsanur Rahman, icddr,b, Bangladesh
– ‘Transforming Pneumonia Diagnosis: Lung Ultrasound and New Tests for Aetiology’ – Professor Heather Zar, President, Forum of International Respiratory Societies (FIRS) and University of Cape Town, South Africa
– ‘Increasing access to medical oxygen: leveraging COVID-19 support’ – Dr Hamish Graham, University of Melbourne and Murdoch Children’s Research Institute (MCRI), Australia
The webinar will also showcase video footage from the winners of the Small Grants Awards for the World Pneumonia Week of Action from 7 to 12 November 2022.
For more information and to register, click here.