Humanitarian Energy Conference (HEC) 2022
We are happy to announce that the Humanitarian Energy Conference (HEC) is going to take place this year on Monday, 16 May 2022 in Kigali, Rwanda on the day preceding the SEforAll Forum. We encourage you to SAVE THE DATE on your calendar.
The HEC will:
- Take stock of where the humanitarian sector stands in achieving SDG7 for displaced populations and host communities.
- Provide the humanitarian energy community with an opportunity to reflect on its goals, visions, and its way of doing business.
- Enrich humanitarian energy discussions through critical and informative dialogues on the achievements and lessons learned.
- Inform and inspire development-humanitarian practitioners with wider trends in the energy access sector while connecting with refugees and displaced communities.
- Provide opportunities for deep-dive learning on electricity access and clean cooking solutions in humanitarian settings, as well as facilitated discussions on finance, technical capacity building, and inclusive policies with international partners and host governments.
The GPA Coordination Unit also intends to use the event to launch a Status Report on Humanitarian Energy, with anticipated participation from high-level officials and displaced people on how to raise ambition levels to ensure that refugees and internally displaced people are not left behind in the clean energy transition.
Register here: (Read the instructions below)
The event is planned in a hybrid mode. If you want to participate in-person, we kindly ask you to fill out this form as soon as possible. Please note that the conference will be limited to 150 participants and they will be allocated on a first come first serve basis.
Should you want to join the HEC in-person, please note that you will be responsible to manage the expenses that may arise in regards to your participation, for example: travel, accommodation, food, covid-19 tests, etc. The UNITAR/GPA will not be able to sponsor or support any participants financially.
However, there are no registration fees required for in-person participation. Once your registration is confirmed, you will receive a formal acknowledgement of your registration. Lunch and dinner will be provided to the participants on the day of the HEC.
We recommend that you book your travel and accommodation, as soon as you receive the letter of acknowledgement for your registration to the HEC. Please note, that there are several other international events taking place in Kigali, Rwanda during the same period and it is likely that the prices for travel and accommodation will go up closer to the date of the event.