Nigeria Stakeholder Consultation and Country Action Platform Workshop: Moving Toward a Common Vision of Sector and Nigerian Market Needs
The Nigerian Alliance for Clean Cookstoves is a public-private partnership that seeks to introduce 10 million clean cookstoves to Nigerian homes and institutions by 2020. It supports the reform of clean cooking energy policies at federal and state levels, promotes innovative financial solutions, quality assurance and access to clean cooking energy information in Nigeria. Nigerian Alliance partners include four federal government agencies, donors, financial institutions, the private sector and NGOs.
The Global Alliance for Clean Cookstoves is an innovative public-private partnership comprised of more than 650 partners working together to save lives, improve livelihoods, empower women, and protect the environment by creating a thriving global market for clean cooking solutions. The Global Alliance’s partners include national governments, the private sector, UN agencies, foundations, non-governmental organizations, and academic institutions. With the ambitious goal of enabling 100 million households to adopt clean cooking solutions by 2020, the Global Alliance is working to identify and implement solutions to overcome the many market barriers that currently impede the production, deployment, and use of clean cookstoves and fuels at scale.
The Abuja stakeholder consultation and country action platform workshop, is an important step in a broader process currently undertaken by the Global Alliance Secretariat to convene partners and other key stakeholders in order to:
- Share the Global Alliance’s strategic business plan and important updates with partners and other key stakeholders;
- Provide an overview of current Nigerian efforts to expand access to clean cooking energy;
- Discuss the Nigerian Country Action Platform and solicit feedback;
- Identify national initiatives and priorities that improved cookstoves could be incorporated into as a means for achieving national goals;
- Understand the potential unique role the Global Alliance can play as a coordinated, cohesive global network of partners working under the same strategic vision; and
- Network with other players in the cookstoves sector and related sectors.
Additional information, including an invitation, meeting program, and information about the event location will follow in the coming weeks.
Ewah Eleri, Nigerian Alliance for Clean Cookstoves (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Corinne Hart, Global Alliance for Clean Cookstoves (email@example.com)