Opportunities for youth in the clean cooking sector in East Africa
Date: February 23, 2021
Time: 3:00 PM EAT
Click here to register
Globally, almost three billion people lack access to clean cooking. Cooking uncleanly causes serious health and environmental impacts, disproportionately affecting the lives and livelihoods of women and children. This causes approximately 2.5 million premature deaths annually.
This webinar will be a platform for youth to deliberate on the available opportunities in the clean cooking sector to increase access and create jobs.
– Olivia, Olivia Coldrey, Lead for Energy Finance and Clean Cooking, SEforALL
– Paul Ayalo, Clean Cooking Alliance of Kenya: What is clean cooking?
– Jackson Kinyanjui, Climate Change Kenya: What are the health and gender burdens of cooking?
– Brian Kakembo, Waste to Energy Youth Project, Uganda: Sustainable business opportunities in the clean cooking sector
– Munira Mkanzabi, Green Conservers, Tanzania: Role of youth in clean cooking advocacy and community education
Prudence Lihabi, MGCY SDG 7 YC Clean Cooking Focal Point / Practical Action