Week of Clean Cooking Plenary: Unlocking the SDGs and Net-Zero with Clean Cooking
Switching to clean cooking – using modern stoves and fuels – transforms lives by improving health, protecting the climate and the environment, empowering women, and helping consumers save time and money. Only with greater collaboration, transparency, and ambition can we achieve the shared goal of universal access to clean cooking by 2030.
This plenary session of the Week of Clean Cooking, hosted by the Clean Cooking Alliance (CCA), features three parts: (i) the launch of a new multi-stakeholder Energy Compact on clean cooking; (ii) presentation and discussion of the evolution and next steps for the Clean Cooking Systems Strategy; and (iii) a high-level panel conversation with women leading on the clean cooking agenda.
Tuesday, Oct 19: 9:30 AM EDT | 3:30 PM CET/CAT | 9:30 PM ACT
– Dymphna van der Lans, CEO of CCA
– Kandeh Yumkella, Founder and CEO of The Energy Nexus Network
– Damilola Ogunbiyi, CEO of Sustainable Energy for All
– Maria Neira, Director of the Department of Public Health and Environment at the World Health Organization
– Tariye Gbadegesin, Managing Director and CEO, ARM-Harith Infrastructure Investments
Oct 19, 2021 09:30 AM in Eastern Time (US and Canada)