Call for Proposals: National Policy and Planning Support (Climate and Clean Air Coalition)
The Climate and Clean Air Coalition (CCAC) funds projects that advance action to reduce short-lived climate pollutants. The CCAC advertises funding opportunities through calls for proposals.
Check this page for information on current and upcoming calls, including essential criteria and how to apply.
CALL FOR PROPOSALS FOR NATIONAL POLICY AND PLANNING SUPPORT
Opening Date: 8 June 2022
Closing Date: 30 June 2022
Total Estimated cost: US$ 3,000,000
About the call
We are pleased to announce the launch of the CCAC’s first round of Calls for Proposals (CFP) for 2022. Successful projects launched through this CFP will advance national policy and planning to reduce short-lived climate pollutants in 23 countries.
The CCAC is currently accepting proposals for projects that fulfil services requested by partner countries as indicated below.
- [AR-22-002] Argentina – Update and improve SLCP mitigation assessment and deliver a methane roadmap
- [KH-22-002] Cambodia – Implement priority measures in Cambodia’s Clean Air Action Plan
- [KH-22-003] Cambodia – Deliver National Methane Roadmap
- [CF-22-001] Central African Republic – Deliver awareness raising and capacity building workshop on black carbon and co-pollutants emissions and mitigation options
- [CR-22-002] Costa Rica – Deliver National SLCP Plan and National Methane Roadmap
- [CI-22-001] Côte D’Ivoire – Expand the SLCP planning and implementation process while increasing capacity for methane mitigation
- [CG-22-001] Democratic Republic of Congo – Strengthen SLCP planning and advance mitigation action
- [DO-22-001] Dominican Republic – Strengthen national SLCP planning and implementation processes while increasing action on methane mitigation
- [GA-22-001] Gabon – Deliver Black Carbon and Co-Pollutants Inventory and develop improved emissions factors for key source sectors
- [GH-22-001] Ghana – Deliver National Methane Roadmap and develop NDC implementation plans on SLCP mitigation
- [GN-22-001] Guinea – Strengthen national planning processes for SLCP mitigation
- [JO-22-001] Jordan – Deliver policy analysis and recommendations on SLCP mitigation
- [MV-22-001] Maldives – Deliver trainings to increase integrated GHG, SLCP, and air pollutant mitigation action
- [ML-22-001] Mali – Strengthen national planning processes for SLCP mitigation
- [MX-22-001] Mexico – Deliver SLCP programme
- [FM-22-001] Micronesia – Support on methane policy, planning, and action
- [MA-22-001] Morocco – Deliver methane assessments and roadmap for priority mitigation measures in key source sectors
- [NG-22-002] Nigeria – Implement MRV for SLCPs in key sectors
- [PK-22-002] Pakistan – Deliver a National Methane Action Roadmap
- [PA-22-002] Panama – Deliver National Methane Roadmap and SLCP Roadmap focused on black carbon
- [PH-22-001] Philippines – Finalize the Philippine’s National Plan on SLCPs
- [TG-22-001] Togo – Build national planning capacity to implement and monitor priority SLCP and methane mitigation measures
- [UG-22-001] Uganda – Support national planning processes for SLCP mitigation and deliver National Methane Roadmap
- [ZB-22-001] Zimbabwe – Integrate SLCPs within climate commitment plans and inventories
How to apply
Select a project (or projects) from the list above to find the project requirements and instructions on how to apply.
Note that only not-for-profit organisations are eligible to apply.
- A preliminary review of proposals submitted by the deadline will be conducted by members of the CCAC Secretariat, Funding Task Team and Board, in consultation with relevant CCAC Partners.
- Shortlisted applicants will be invited to present their proposals in further detail by 22 July 2022 and to respond to follow-up questions about their application.
- Shortlisted applicants will be informed of the final decision regarding their proposal by 31 August 2022. Successful applicants will then be invited to develop a Project Implementation Plan and Detailed Budget in consultation with the CCAC Secretariat and relevant CCAC Partners.
Proposals will be evaluated against the following criteria:
- Quality: the clarity of the proposed outputs and activities and the extent to which they will deliver the expected outcomes
- Experience: evidence of the project team’s understanding of the national planning process and short-lived climate pollutants, and their ability to deliver the proposed project
- Value for money: the level of funding requested for project delivery
- Alignment: how well the proposal demonstrates its contribution to the CCAC 2030 Strategy and National Planning, Policy, and Implementation Engagement Strategy
For more information and to apply, click here.