Request for Proposals: Innovation Expo 2022
Innovation Expo 2022
Call for Proposals
The Clean Cooking Alliance (CCA) is accepting applications for the Innovation Expo to be organized as part of the Clean Cooking Forum 2022, set to take place October 11-13 in Accra, Ghana.
As part of the Forum, the Innovation Expo will showcase a range of innovations from companies and other organizations driving the clean cooking sector forward in a post pandemic era.
Innovations selected to be showcased may include:
- Clean cooking solutions that significantly improve product performance through design (including but not limited to electric, biogas, ethanol, LPG, solar, and processed biomass fuels and stoves, and stove accessories, for both household and institutional uses);
- Clean cooking solutions that have embedded hardware and digital solutions (including but not limited to pay-as-you-go meters, buy now pay later (BNPL) services, layaway saving schemes) to streamline end user payment models that increase access to consumer finance;
- Projects and campaigns that use innovative ways to create widespread public awareness of clean cooking, including through community-based groups, nature-based organizations, TV, or digital media; and
- Technologies that enable monitoring of efficiency, emissions, adoptions (including stove and fuel use) and related impact metrics (including but not limited to sensors and smart meters).
Space: The Expo will offer space to a maximum of 24 exhibitors over the two days of the Forum. Each exhibitor will have access to a 3m-by-3m booth, table, power outlet and two chairs. Additional equipment such as screens and more power outlets can be made available at a cost.
Fee: Selected exhibitors are required to register for the Forum and pay registration fees. However, there will be no additional costs for participating in the Expo.
Expenses: Exhibitors will not be reimbursed for travel and logistical costs to bring equipment or materials to the event venue.
Open flame: Due to venue restrictions, no stove ignition or cooking demonstrations will be permitted.
Selection criteria: Proposals received will be evaluated based on the criteria below:
- Impact: Products, services, or approaches that are likely to generate meaningful advancements for health, the climate and the environment, and gender equality.
- Traction: Products, services or approaches that have either gained significant consumer acceptance or have shown early success based on initial pilots.
- Investability: Products, services, or approaches that are attracting, or have significant potential to attract investment at scale and provide superior return on investment to potential investors therefore stimulating the growth of the clean cooking sector in a meaningful way.
- Innovation: Products, services, or approaches that have high differentiation compared to their competition in addressing challenges of affordability, access, and availability.
- Joint submissions from multiple organizations are allowed and welcomed.
- Multiple entries are allowed from the same organization for different innovations.
- Entries must be submitted here.
The deadline for submission is Friday, August 19, 2022. Selected companies and organizations will be notified by August 31.
In case of any questions relevant to the Innovation Expo, please contact email@example.com with the subject line “Innovation Expo 2022.”