Request for Proposals: Web Development Support Services for CCA’s Website
Request for Proposals: Web Development Support Services for the Clean Cooking Alliance’s Website
The Clean Cooking Alliance (CCA) is accepting proposals for web development and design support services for its newly redesigned website, cleancooking.org. The consultant will help manage CCA’s WordPress-based site as well as support future development work and design requests/projects, as needed. The purpose of this RFP is to provide candidates with the information needed to build out a compelling proposal, as well as with the criteria against which they will be judged.
CCA works with a global network of partners to build an inclusive industry that makes clean cooking accessible to the three billion people who live each day without it. Established in 2010, CCA is driving consumer demand, mobilizing investment to build a pipeline of scalable businesses, and fostering an enabling environment that allows the sector to thrive. Clean cooking transforms lives by improving health, protecting the climate and environment, empowering women, and helping consumers save time and money.
CCA’s website was designed in WordPress and launched in September 2021. The site is hosted by the United Nations Foundation (UN Foundation), the same organization that hosts CCA more broadly. CCA’s Advocacy & Communications Team oversees the organization’s website management, including publishing content, updating text and images, and creating new pages using existing layouts. As CCA continues to expand its suite of online offerings in service of the clean cooking sector, other CCA teams may become involved in the development and maintenance of new pages and digital tools.
CCA is seeking an expert consultant to provide ongoing web development and design support, including (but not limited to) usability, user interface, and interactive development support. CCA’s Advocacy & Communications Team will be the primary contact in coordinating with the selected consultant to discuss ongoing and upcoming needs and allocate hours on an as-needed basis (estimated average of 8 hours per month, up to 120 hours per year, invoiced on a rolling basis).
Scope of Work
Consultants responding to this RFP should expect to complete the following responsibilities:
- Diagnose and implement solutions to technical and usability issues as they arise. In some cases, this will involve liaising with the UN Foundation’s IT Team or an external designer or other Consultant.
- Coordinate with CCA to implement requested development/design changes, including frontend and backend coding in WordPress, while adhering to the website’s current aesthetic and CCA’s brand guidelines. This may entail creating new pages and page styles; integrating new functionality and tools; and providing timely input/assistance to resolve bug fixes and other issues.
- Provide guidance on improving website performance, including search engine optimization and Google Analytics, as needed.
- Provide support for managing CCA’s digital database (“Sector Directory”) and online donation platform, as needed.
- Respond promptly to CCA staff communications via email or phone, as needed.
- Strong working knowledge and application of jQuery
- Proven experience working with Generate Press theme framework
- Strong working knowledge of Advanced Custom Fields and the Repeater and Flexible Content field types
- Comfort working with Figma web design assets
10/15/2021 Proposals due to CCA
10/22/2021 CCA completes calls with long-listed Consultants
10/29/2021 CCA completes calls with short-listed Consultants
11/5/2021 Consultant is selected and notified via email
11/19/2021 Contract is in place
11/22/2021 Consultant holds introductory calls with CCA and
UN Foundation IT Team
Proposal Guidelines and Requirement
- This proposal is open to multiple Consultants and is a competitive process.
- Proposals received after 11:59PM EST on Friday, October 15, 2021, will not be considered.
- The price provided should be inclusive. If the process excludes certain fees or charges, the Consultant must provide a detailed list of excluded fees with a complete explanation of the nature of those fees.
- CCA prefers a single point of contact who manages deliverables. If the execution of work to be performed by the Consultant requires the hiring of sub-contractors, the Consultant must clearly state this in the proposal. Sub-contractors must be identified and the work they will perform must be defined. CCA will not refuse a proposal based upon the use of subcontractors; however, we retain the right to refuse the sub-contractors you have selected.
- Provisions of this RFP and the contents of the successful responses are considered available for inclusion in final contractual obligations.
Contracting and Compliance
CCA will negotiate contract terms upon selection. A copy of the contract terms and conditions will be provided upon selection. All contracts are subject to review by the UN Foundation’s Business Services and Contracts team. The project will start upon the execution of the contract. The contract will outline terms and conditions, scope, budget, and applicable flow-down terms. Selected recipient/s must comply with CCA, UN Foundation, and funder compliance requirements. The selected recipient must also undergo detailed legal, financial, and commercial due diligence.
Format for Proposals
- Length and Font Size
- Please use fonts no smaller than 11 point. Maximum proposal length should not exceed 10 pages and should be submitted in a PDF, ideally from an MS Word formatted file.
- Describe your proposed services, including your ability to begin delivering services according to the timeline specified above.
- Provide at least two examples you/your firm has produced that best reflect your work and relevancy to this project. Briefly list the role you/your firm played in each project.
- Provide current reference information for two former or current clients.
- Specify all terms and conditions.
- Budget and Fees
- Provide a detailed budget, including assumptions and costs and level of effort for staff and any sub-contractors.
- Provide professional fees budget, including cost and level of effort per staff member, if relevant.
- Provide a separate line item for any sub-contractors.
- The price you quote should be inclusive. If your process excludes certain fees or charges, you must provide a detailed list of excluded fees with a complete explanation of the nature of those fees.
- Completed proposals
- Each completed proposal must be delivered electronically with the subject line “CCA Website Development Support Services” by Friday, October 15, 2021, at 11:59PM to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions about this RFP are welcome and may also be directed to the address above.
Intent and Disclaimer
This RFP is made with the intent to identify a consultant to deliver results as described herein. CCA will rely on Consultant’s representations to be truthful and as described. CCA assumes it can be confident in Consultant’s ability to deliver the services proposed in response to this RFP. If CCA amends the RFP, copies of any such amendments will be sent to all respondents to the proposal.
Consultant understand that CCA has chosen to solicit an RFP for consulting services, and that Consultant’s response does not guarantee that CCA will enter a new contract with Consultant or continue any current contract(s) with Consultant.
Consultant agrees that CCA may, at its sole discretion:
- Amend or cancel the RFP, in whole or in part, at any time
- Extend the deadline for submitting responses
- Determine whether a response does or does not substantially comply with the requirements of the RFP
- Waive any minor irregularity, informality, or nonconformance with the provisions or procedures of the RFP
- Negotiate with all Consultants that the UN Foundation and/or CCA deem acceptable
- Issue multiple awards
- Photocopy the responses for evaluation/review.
This RFP is not an offer to contract. CCA assumes no responsibility for Consultant’s cost to respond to this RFP. All responses become the property of CCA. By submitting a response to this RFP, Consultant waives all right to protest or seek any legal remedies whatsoever regarding any aspect of this RFP.
Consultant represents that it has responded to the RFP with complete honesty and accuracy. If facts provided in Consultant’s response change, Consultant agrees to supplement its response in writing with any deletions, additions, or changes within 10 days of the changes. Consultant will do this, as necessary, throughout the selection process. Consultant understands that any material misrepresentation, including omissions, may disqualify it from consideration for a contract award.
Consultant understands it may receive proprietary and confidential information from CCA during the RFP process (“Confidential Information”). Consultant agrees to not use Confidential Information for any purpose other than its participation in the RFP process and to not reveal Confidential Information directly or indirectly to any other person, entity, or organization without the prior written consent of CCA. Consultant further agrees to exercise all reasonable precautions to maintain the proprietary and confidential nature of Confidential Information where it can best demonstrate its value and capacity to delivery ecosystem-wide, meaningful value.
The scope of work for this project and deliverables will abide by CCA, the UN Foundation, and its donor(s) Intellectual Property (IP) requirements. All IP produced under this RFP and subsequent contract will be owned by CCA and the UN Foundation.
Current CCA Website
Main site: www.cleancooking.org
- The Value of Clean Cooking (link)
- The Issues landing page (link)
- Reports & Tools archive page (link)
- Sector Directory (link)
- Venture Catalyst portfolio (link)
- Newsletter sign-up (link)
- Donate (link)
Additional contact: Any questions related to this proposal should be submitted via email to:
- Kip Patrick, Senior Director, Advocacy & Communications: email@example.com