The Alliance enjoys financial and in-kind support from a diverse portfolio of bilateral, multilateral, corporate, civil society, and philanthropic donors committed to our market-based approach to scale the clean cookstoves and fuels sector.
Bilateral and Multilateral Donors
The Alliance provides a unique opportunity for governments and multilateral institutions to help transform the cookstoves and fuels sector by supporting the development of innovative and collaborative solutions for addressing the health, economic, and environmental issues associated with the widespread use of traditional cookstoves and open fires in developing countries. Donor countries include those national governments who make a financial commitment to provide unrestricted funding or targeted financial/in-kind support for specific Alliance activities (for example: communications, research and development, pilot programs, advocacy, and others). The Alliance offers a range of options, for donors to support the Initiative, including:
- Unrestricted financial support (fast-track financing, ODA, etc.) for the Alliance’s global mission to address the health, economic, and environmental impacts of the use of traditional cookstoves and fuels;
- Targeted funding for critical programmatic and policy work to help develop promising new business models, enable vital research, and support critical policy and programmatic efforts in priority countries and regions;
- Strong national commitments to the advancement of clean cookstoves and fuels in official development assistance efforts; and
- Technical expertise, layered financing options, and national private sector and stakeholder engagement.
Bilateral and Multilateral Donors
- Climate and Clean Air Coalition
- The Netherlands
- United Kingdom
- United States
- World Bank
The Alliance offers a variety of options for companies to engage in the Alliance’s vital mission. From providing much-needed financial support, offering valuable programmatic and country-level expertise, and helping to address the myriad supply-chain and financing barriers that plague the sector, the Alliance’s corporate donors are essential to the Alliance’s ultimate success in transforming the market for clean cookstoves and fuels. Specifically, the Alliance offers a range of options for corporate donors to support this exciting initiative through:
- Unrestricted financial support for the Alliance’s global mission to address the devastating health, economic, gender, and environmental impacts of the use of traditional cookstoves and fuels;
- Targeted funding for critical programmatic and policy work to help develop promising new business models, enable vital research, and support critical policy and trade reform efforts in priority countries;
- On-the-ground engagement in the advancement of clean cookstoves and fuels in those countries where there is a corporate presence;
- Provision of in-kind technical expertise, communications support, and manufacturing and business acumen throughout the clean cookstoves and fuels value chain; and
- High-level engagement at different points along the product value-chain.
- Baker & McKenzie
- Bosch Siemens
- Deutsche Bank
- Dow Corning Corporation
- Fuji Television Networks
- Johnson & Johnson
- Morgan Stanley
Foundation and Civil Society Donors
The Alliance offers foundations a range of funding opportunities in the health, energy access, gender, environment and economic development sectors. By focusing on the development of a market-based approach to drive clean cooking solutions at scale, the Alliance can provide the philanthropic sector and civil society with a range of programmatic, policy, and advocacy funding and investment options to advance the sector for clean, safe, and efficient cooking solutions.
- Barr Foundation
- Catapult – Women Deliver
- Caterpillar Foundation
- Driscoll Foundation
- Glenmede Trust
- Korein Foundation
- Lincoln Street Fund
- Maison Des Sciences De L’Homme
- Osprey Foundation
- Shell Foundation
- River City Law Group
- SNV: Netherlands Development Organisation
- United Nations Foundation
- The Nathan & Gretchen Day Fund of The Dallas Foundation
- World Lung Foundation
- The OPEC Fund for International Development
The Alliance offers a number of ways for individuals and organizations to support our goal of helping 100 million homes adopt clean and efficient stoves and fuels by 2020. Please click here to learn more.
We deeply appreciate your consideration of a gift to support our life-saving and life-improving efforts to bring clean cooking solutions to families throughout the developing world.
Clean Cooking Alliance
1750 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
Washington, D.C. 20006