Accelerating Cookstoves and Fuels Enterprise Development at Sankalp Forum 2015
The 7th Global Sankalp Summit brought together hundreds of social entrepreneurs, impact investors, and government representatives in Delhi, India on April 9-10, 2015. As part of its enterprise development activities, the Global Alliance for Clean Cookstoves supported 13 cookstoves and fuels enterprises to attend Sankalp and showcase their work at the innovation expo.
Highlights for the clean cooking sector at Sankalp this year include:
- Swami Samarth Electronics wins Sankalp Social Enterprise Award 2015: This clean cookstove manufacturer, based in Nashik, won the award competing against 13 other finalists across multiple sectors.
- Technical Assistance Grant Awarded to BioLite India: Nav Bharat Metal Industries, Servals Automation and BioLite India were nominated to pitch to a panel of professionals. After a keenly contested round, BioLite India was awarded the third annual technical assistance award to support its capacity building and expansion efforts in India.
- Innovation and Technology Transfer: In an Alliance-organized session, enterprises, researchers, government representatives, and investors shared their perspectives on financing research and development, producing game-changing innovations, and spreading innovations as widely as possible while also protecting intellectual property.
- Training for Capacity Building: In partnership with the Global Social Benefit Institute, the Alliance conducted the Social Enterprise Boost program’s Train the Trainer workshop on 8th April 2015. Attended by 14 organizations who will run the Boost training course in Bangladesh, China, and India the program is a condensed accelerator curriculum aimed at early stage social entrepreneurs to help them grow in a sustainable manner.
- Empowered Entrepreneur Training Handbook: Launched in New York in November 2014, this handbook was shared with partner organizations at Sankalp and impact investors. Download here.