Clean Cooking Forum 2015 – Call for Abstracts and Sessions – Guidelines
The Global Alliance for Clean Cookstoves is pleased to announce a Call for Abstracts and Sessions for the Clean Cooking Forum, November 10-13, 2015 in Accra, Ghana.
We are seeking abstracts and proposed sessions that highlight innovative solutions to clean cooking challenges and demonstrate lessons learned. Submissions should be consistent with the Forum’s focus on developing markets and scaling solutions.
Accepted abstracts and proposed sessions may be presented in a variety of forms during the Forum: presentations, panel discussions, interactive trainings, or posters.
While the Forum agenda will cover a wide range of topics, we are particularly interested in receiving submissions that address the following:
Generating insight about consumer attitudes and behaviors
- Motivating purchase and consistent use, including building consumer confidence and awareness of technology and fuel options and quality
- Application of mobile technology in the clean cooking sector (e.g. payment, sales tracking, monitoring)
- Analyses and interactive tools for evaluating and improving technology and fuel performance and impacts
- Expanding access to consumer finance – what models are successfully scaling up?
- Sustainable scale-up of cookstoves and fuel production and distribution
- Innovative approaches for scaling women’s empowerment and entrepreneurship and/or applying a gender lens to clean cooking business models
- Meeting cooking energy needs of refugees, IDPs, and other crisis-affected populations in humanitarian settings
- New developments in results-based financing (e.g. new methodologies, projects, investors/funders)
- Mobilizing risk-adjusted long-term capital to investment-ready enterprises poised to scale – successes, models and big ideas
- Advocacy and partnerships between non-state actors and local governments for an enabling policy environment
- Integrating clean cooking interventions into projects in other sectors
- Submissions should be no longer than 150 words.
- The abstracts and proposed sessions should be related to an organization’s current or recent work in the clean cooking sector with a focus on lessons learned.
- Joint submissions from multiple organizations proposing sessions are allowed and welcomed.
- Preference will be given to submissions from Alliance partner organizations (view current partners or apply here).
Deadline for submission is Friday, May 29, 2015.
- The scholarship application deadline has passed.