Clean Cooking Alliance Announces First-Ever Week of Clean Cooking
WASHINGTON, D.C., October 6, 2021 – Leading up to the UN Climate Summit (COP26) in early November — and on the heels of the recent UN High-Level Dialogue on Energy — the Clean Cooking Alliance (CCA) will host the first Week of Clean Cooking from October 18-22.
Created to catalyze action on clean cooking during this critical year, the Week of Clean Cooking will feature a wide range of virtual engagements, events, announcements, content releases, and networking opportunities with CCA and partners from across the clean cooking ecosystem.
“Providing clean cooking energy to households is critical to achieving global climate and sustainable development goals,” said CCA CEO Dymphna van der Lans. “Yet we’re unacceptably off-track to reach our 2030 goal of universal access to clean cooking. Now is the moment to prioritize access to clean cooking in global and national arenas and to make clear the need to further scale up public and private financing — the Week of Clean Cooking will provide a platform to do exactly that.”
CCA’s recently redesigned website includes a schedule of events and activities, with highlights including:
- Week of Clean Cooking Plenary: Unlocking the SDGs and NetZero with Clean Cooking: This three-part webinar includes the launch of a new multi-stakeholder Energy Compact on clean cooking, presentation and discussion on the evolution and next steps for the Clean Cooking System Strategy, and a high-level panel conversation with women leading on the clean cooking agenda.
- A Conversation on Clean Cooking, Women, and Trade: Representatives from CCA, the World Trade Organization, and partners will discuss the critical role of women in achieving universal access and the importance of engaging the trade community in establishing an inclusive, enabling environment.
- Investing in Clean Cooking: This session will preview new insights on the global investment landscape for clean cooking and share ground-level perspectives on clean cooking financing from investors and enterprises.
- Matchmaking: The Week of Clean Cooking will feature four days of virtual networking, in partnership with GET.invest.
- Driving Climate Action through Clean Cooking: This session will be a “Transitioning to Clean Cooking” webinar hosted by the World Health Organization, CCA, and the Health and Energy Platform of Action.
- Clean Cooking Explorer: This interactive session will examine how geospatial data and tools can be leveraged to accelerate clean cooking access, while also introducing the Clean Cooking Explorer, an online, open-source, and interactive geospatial data platform.
- Beyond Households: Modern Energy for Cooking in Institutional Settings: This webinar will focus on modern energy cooking transitions in institutional settings, such as in schools, health centres, prisons and community or religious settings, in both development and humanitarian contexts in the Global South.
- The Role of Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG) as a Household Fuel: This event will present key findings from the World Bank ESMAP’s recently published background papers on LPG as a cooking fuel.
- Announcing the Second Round of the Haiti Clean Cooking Fund: The Haiti Clean Cooking Fund, a CCA program providing financial and technical support to clean cooking companies, will open its second round of funding.
Visit the Week of Clean Cooking webpage for additional event details and registration information.
Being held for the first time, the Week of Clean Cooking is part of CCA’s 10 Years of Impact celebration, commemorating a decade of progress toward universal access. CCA looks forward to connecting with global participants and partners while mobilizing action to advance the clean cooking agenda.