Alliance Congolaise pour les Foyers et Combustibles Améliorés (ACFCA-ASBL)
Promote the use of clean cooking solutions (with high energy efficiency and low emissions), by encouraging partnerships between its members and other stakeholders to ensure synergy in order to influence policy and stimulate actions that contribute to improving access to energy in a sustainable resource management.
Adoption / Behavior Change, Capacity Building, Carbon Finance, Climate/Environment, Finance / Investment, Gender / Womens Empowerment, Health, Livelihoods, Marketing, Microfinance, Policy Development, Standards
Technologies & Fuels
Biogas, Charcoal, Electricity, Wood
Clean Cooking Activities
Quality management and standards, i.e. ensuring that cookstoves distributed satisfies the needs and preferences of users and are tested before being put into market
Gender, i.e. ensuring active participation of women in all the key parts of the value chain in order to empower them
Access to finance, i.e. facilitating credit for SME manufacturers of cookstoves and ensuring affordability for majority household consumers, including consumer credit; Financing support for education programs by civil society.
Stakeholder participation, i.e. ensuring active participation of the private sector, Banks, communities, community-based organizations, government and NGOs;
Public awareness, i.e. sustaining education, awareness and outreach activities to accelerate adoption
Market-based program design and implementation, i.e. ensuring relevant investment and marketing partners are in place for commercialization and scaling up.
The ACFCA aims to contribute to the efforts of the global alliance via:
• The establishment of an institutional framework for the promotion of exchanges of experience and information in the field of clean cooking;
• The promotion the production and dissemination of improved stoves and fuels;
• The dissemination other clean energy sources;
• creating and sustaining a reliable quality assurance system for the stoves and fuel
• The establishment of an advocacy framework to decision makers for the granting of administrative and fiscal facilities for the benefit of all operators involved in the sector;
• Foster a project financing framework in the area of clean cooking and fit with the objectives of sustainable development
• Encourage applied research to increase the energy efficiency of improved stoves and fuels, and their contribution to improving public health.
Regions Operating In
Country Based In
Congo, Democratic Republic
80, Mont Fleury, Quartier Joli Parc, Commune de Ngaliema
Primary Point of Contact
Name: Mrs. Laetitia Bonsange
Phone: +243 99 000 2639
Secondary Point of Contact
Name: Mr. Jean Luc Alliez
Phone: +243 81 063 0115Request an Edit to This Profile