Chakote Entreprises Ltd
Clean and affordable cooking for the low income rural and urban dwellers
Climate/Environment, Gender / Womens Empowerment, Health, Heating, Marketing, Monitoring and Evaluation, Technology and Fuel R&D
Technologies & Fuels
Biomass (Ag. Residue, Processed Biomass, etc.)
Clean Cooking Activities
Due to minimum agricultural activities in cities manure's demand is low. Chakote Entreprise Ltd has ventured into production of briquettes by using waste cow dung obtained from cattle slaughterhouses located in the city. Good business relations with owners of largest privately owned cattle abbattoir in Dar es salaam and their solid waste collection service providers provided early insurance for business RoI. Chakote Entreprise Ltd is set to start operations in December 2020. The following activities will be undertaken:
1. Free waste manure collection and transport to production area (1.1 Km from abattoir) using abattoir's service providers.
2. Drying wet manure under the sun (on a paved area)
3. Carbonating dry manure (using 1.5 ton indirect burning carbonization furnace) followed by natural cooling.
4. Grinding carbonated matter (using 1.5 ton electric milling machine)
5. Binding and mixing carbonated matter (using 1.5 ton electric wet mixer machine)
6. Making ball/pillow shaped briquettes (using 1-2 ton electric briquetting machine)
7. Drying briquettes (under the sun using meshed shelves)
8. Packaging briquettes for retail and wholesales
9. Marketing, sales and distribution
Contribution: Chakote Enterprises Ltd want to establish a unique setting and strategy that states "a for-profit venture in Biomass fuel, sales briquettes that burn longer but at at half the price of wood charcoal in the target market". Chakote Enterprises Ltd wants to share this business case with other industry players across the globe to help scale innovation for the greater good of people and environment.
Room for improvement: As mentioned in the activities section. Technology used for drying is the sun; a rather slow and tedious process. There are plans to replace manual sun drying with solar/alternative drying. Partners are welcome to contribute towards this or other contributions towards project's success.
Regions Operating In
Country Based In
Ukonga, Dar es salaam 255
Primary Point of Contact
Name: Mr. Calistus Kavindi
Phone: +255713945849Request an Edit to This Profile