To achieve sustainable development through community empowerment without disturbing cultural and social harmony in mountain and hilly areas by improving local livelihoods, ensuring management and access to natural resources by local communities, and reducing vulnerabilities of mountain communities to environmental disasters.
Adoption / Behavior Change, Capacity Building, Climate/Environment, Gender / Womens Empowerment, Health, Livelihoods, Monitoring and Evaluation
Technologies & Fuels
Biogas, Biomass (Ag. Residue, Processed Biomass, etc.)
Clean Cooking Activities
EcoHimal Nepal has been implementing Improving Cooking Stoves for mitigation of Indoor air pollution and climate change impacts since 2004. This year also we are implementing two projects of improved cooking stoves.
1. Exchange knowledge, share information, and strengthen capacities.
2. Assist policy making and implementation at all levels.
3. Develop share policy positions.
4. Credibility-strength in numbers.
5. Gain perspectives.
6. Pool resources in negotiations (network share funds, expertise, human resources)
7. Pool resources in implementation (similar benefits; for example preparing region wise-project proposals strengthen the case with funder)
8. Capacity building (Networks help bring new participants up to speed and anticipating introduce different experiences and perspectives.
Regions Operating In
Country Based In
Kathmandu, South Asia 0977
Primary Point of Contact
Name: Mr. Keshab Bhusal
Title: Communication and Programme Coordinator
Phone: +0977 01 4721039
Secondary Point of Contact
Name: Mr. Narayan Dhakal
Title: Executive Director
Phone: 0977 01 4720115Request an Edit to This Profile