Energy for All Partnership, Asian Development Bank (ADB)
Providing access to energy to 100 million people by 2015.
Carbon Finance, Capacity Building, Climate/Environment, Finance / Investment, Gender / Womens Empowerment, Policy Development, Research
Technologies & Fuels
Clean Cooking Activities
Working groups on cooking and their activities
LPG working group (convener World LP Gas Association):
- Initiate campaigns to create awareness on the multiple benefits of using LPG for household cooking and productive activities
- Set up a dedicated website for knowledge and information sharing on good practices, case studies, and business models
- Organize trainings, workshops and forums for policy advocacy in support of infrastructure development in favor of LPG distribution in the emerging markets
- Implement pilot and demonstration projects in selected countries
- Help introduce LPG business and consumer financing for market development
Biogas (convener: SNV)
- expansion of project scale to enhance their impacts.
- feasibility studies and assessments (technical market potential, technology and institutional set-up)
- help initiate national programs on domestic biogas.
- the establishment of effective and efficient post-installation service networks, new construction material or installation methods, reactivation of dysfunctional biogas plants, and on comprehensive use of bio-slurry.
Clean Cookstoves (convener: GIZ-HERA)
- Mobilizing and documenting active stakeholders of the Asian/Pacific region
- Country-based stakeholder mapping
- Knowledge management, assessing information gaps and providing information through existing knowledge material and new research activities
- Platform for sharing information about existing business models and innovative ideas
- Linking partners with other stakeholder and funding opportunities
- Identify countries with high priority for project development and facilitate collaboration opportunities
The Energy for All Partnership was formed by the Asian Development Bank in 2008, to build platforms for cooperation, exchange, innovation, and project development for solutions to widespread energy poverty. We've brought together key stakeholders from business, finance, government, and NGOs for a singular purpose: to drive action towards a goal of providing energy access to 100 million people in Asia and the Pacific Region by 2015. The Partnership can contribute to the Global Alliance building on its extensive network and members®´experiences in providing energy access solutions to Asia®´s poor. As a leading financial institution, the ADB will be able to provide advise on financing clean cooking solutions. The Partnership will share its experiences, case studies, partnership networks and support the Alliance through identifying best practices and business models for clean cooking. It can also help organizing events and workshops to raise awareness and disseminate information.
Regions Operating In
East Asia and Pacific, Europe and Central Asia, South Asia
Country Based In
ADB Avenue 6
Mandayulong, Metro-Manila 1550
Primary Point of Contact
Name: Ms. Lara Born
Title: Access to Energy Expert
Phone: 632 632 444 ext. 70660Request an Edit to This Profile