Flint Lab Inc.
Flint aims to provide a safe, reliable and easy to use stove that generates clean energy. Because Flint's primary concern is to preserve the environment and to prevent stove-related health issues, Flint prides itself in its stoves that produce low carbon emission, less smoke using the Unprocessed Bio Fuel. Flint plans to provide, implement and manufacture innovative stoves and burners that will reach those who are in need of our stoves including but not limited to third world countries.
Heating, Technology and Fuel R&D
Other Technologies Fuels
Unprocessed and unrefined bio oil extracted from plants, animals, insects or used vegetable oil
Clean Cooking Activities
1. Establishment of Bio Fuel business in South Korea (2013)
For the purpose of expanding biofuel related business, Flint is currently working on establishing cluster network in South Korea. Current issue with biofuel cluster network is that the country lacks network connectivity despite its competitive fuel distribution network, efficient manufacturing system, and advanced technology. Thus Flint aims to tackle the efficiency issue with the network connectivity by expanding the biofuel market in South Korea, which will also increase the markets efficiency.
2. Small Scale Stove Distribution (2014)
Flint is currently planning to send 10 participants to distribute Flint stoves to nations such as Dominican Republic, Thailand, Mexico, Indonesia and possibly China. Flint's exploration team will be in small scale consisted of medical team, field experts, stove experts, reporter; however, currently seeking an expert who has the ability and experience in monitoring the stove.
Flint presents innovative stove technology that directly combusts fuels including but not limited to used-cooking oil and insect oil without refinement processes. Flint aims to assist developing countries to provide both carbon neutral technology and energy production technology that allows developing countries to gain self-sufficiency in energy production. Therefore, Flint finds the following initiatives as the potential goal while working with the U.N.
1. Cooking Stove Distribution
-Flint plans distribute Flint stoves to developing and undeveloped nations, while perfectly educating stove users on how to use them. Furthermore, Flint will also let the users acknowledge the fact that no firewood or petroleum (refined oil) will be necessary for combustion as long as the users have used-cooking oil, plant oil or insect oil as their fuel. Thus distribute cost-efficient, easy to use and safe cooking stove.
2. Plant/Insect oil production and manufacture
- Flint aims to establish infrastructure within developing and developed nations to allow them to self produce plant/insect oils. From choosing best-matching type of plant/insect oil for its production types and methods, Flint will set up short term and long term goals to assist nations to be self-sufficient with production of plant and insect oils.
3. Self-sufficient energy production system
- Through the community's self-sufficient energy production system, it not only reduces environmental pollution, but also reduces energy costs. By planting self-sufficient energy production system, Flint aims to bring the capability for socio-economic development to third world countries, which also suits U.N.'s MDGs.
Regions Operating In
East Asia and Pacific, Latin America and Caribbean, South Asia, Sub-Saharan Africa
Country Based In
Korea, Republic (South)
R302, Business Incubator, University of Seoul, 484 Tongil-ro, Seodaemun-gu, Seoul, South Korea
17218 Parkvalle Ave. Cerritos California 90703 USA
Primary Point of Contact
Name: Mr. Hyuk-Jin Yoon
Title: Managing Director
Phone: +82. 10. 7288. 3857
Secondary Point of Contact
Name: Mr. Hyunggi Cho
Title: USA Representative
Phone: +1. 562. 881. 4726Request an Edit to This Profile