Kussen aims to provide safe, reliable and easy to use stove that generates clean energy. Because Kussen's primary concern is to preserve the environment and to prevent stove-related health issues, Kussen prides itself in its stoves that produce low carbon emission, less smoke using the insect oil. Kussen plans to provide, implement and manufacture innovative stoves and burners that will reach those who are in need of our stoves including but not limited to third world countries.
Capacity Building, Climate/Environment, Technology and Fuel R&D
Other Technologies Fuels
Biofuel/Insect Oil: Ptecticustenebrifer or Hermetia illucens (also called Black Soldier Fly)
Clean Cooking Activities
1. Establishment of Bio Fuel business in South Korea(2013~)
- For the purpose of expanding biofuel related business, Kussen is currently working on establishing cluster network in South Korea. Current issue with biofuel cluster network is that the country lacks network connectivity despite its competitive fuel distribution network, efficient manufacturing system, and advanced technology. Thus Kussen aims to tackle the efficiency issue with the network connectivity by expanding the biofuel market in South Korea, which will also increase the markets efficiency.
2. Insect Oil Business(2013~)
Kussen is currently working with Chinas Guangdong Provinces insect oil research department and South Koreas RuralDevelopment Administrations insect research department to find a way to efficiently produce mass amount of inset oil while searching for its usages. Insects are currently used for dissolving food wastes, stock feeding and producing fertilizers. In some cases, insects are currently being used for food reservation. Insect® is prominent for mass production of insect oil that has high thermal efficiency, which Kussen is currently working on finding ways to utilize insect oil with Kussen stove to distribute to the third world countries.®
3. Small Scale Stove Distribution (June 2014 )
Kussen is currently planning to send 10 participants to distribute Kussen stoves to nations such as Dominican Republic, Thailand, Mexico, Indonesia and possibly China. Kussen's exploration team will be in small scale consisted of medical team, field experts, stove experts, reporter; however, currently seeking an expert who has the ability and experience in monitoring the stove.
Kussen presents innovative stove technology that directly combusts fuels including but not limited to used-cooking oil and insect oil without refinement processes. Kussen aims to assist developing countries to provide both carbon neutral technology and energy production technology that allows developing countries to gain self-sufficiency in energy production. Therefore, Kussen finds the following initiatives as the potential goal while working with the U.N.
1. Cooking Stove Distribution
-Kussen plans distribute Kussen stoves to developing and undeveloped nations, while perfectly educating stove users on how to use them. Furthermore, Kussen will also let the users acknowledge the fact that no firewood or petroleum (refined oil) will be necessary for combustion as long as the users have used-cooking oil, plant oil or insect oil as their fuel. Thus distribute cost-efficient, easy to use and safe cooking stove.
2. Plant/Insect oil production and manufacture
- Kussen aims to establish infrastructure within developing and developed nations to allow them to self produce plant/insect oils. From choosing best-matching type of plant/insect oil for its production types and methods, Kussen will set up short term and long term goals to assist nations to be self-sufficient with production of plant and insect oils.
3. Self-sufficient energy production system
- Through the community's self-sufficient energy production system, it not only reduces environmental pollution, but also reduces energy costs. By planting self-sufficient energy production system, Kussen aims to bring the capability for socio-economic development to third world countries, which also suits U.N.'s MDGs.
Regions Operating In
East Asia and Pacific, Latin America and Caribbean, Northern America, South Asia
Country Based In
Korea, Republic (South)
Lemian Apartment 204 Dong 1103 Ho
Goyang Si, Gyeonggi-Do
Primary Point of Contact
Name: Mr. Sung-Whan Yoon
Phone: 82) 010 8769 7784
Secondary Point of Contact
Name: Mr. Hyunggi Cho
Title: Representative in the U.S.
Phone: 1) 562-881-4726Request an Edit to This Profile