Soil and Environmental Health Ghana
Soil and Environmental Health Ghana focus on two major global problems: deterioration of soil and the environment. We understand that the sustainable management and conservation of the soil is a requisite for adequate world food and fibre supply, alleviating malnutrition, improving livelihoods whiles safeguarding the environment. We seek to lead the fight for protecting our environment through a strong partnership with society and institutions through advocacy, awareness, research and consultancy activities.
Other Organization Type
Community Based Organization
Climate/Environment, Gender / Womens Empowerment, Health, Institutional Cooking, Lab or Field Testing, Livelihoods, Monitoring and Evaluation, Policy Development, Research, Standards
Technologies & Fuels
Biomass (Ag. Residue, Processed Biomass, etc.), Charcoal, Crop residues, Wood
Other Technologies Fuels
Biochar production from agricultural biomass using Lucia stove and Japanese stove Field trials of application of biochar to nutrient depleted soils and; Farmers sensitization on benefits of biochar and its production to soil and human health
Clean Cooking Activities
1. To promote and strengthen policies on clean cooking in educational institutions across the country especially in our secondary schools to feed into the government of Ghana 'school feeding programme'.
2. To promote the use of clean cookstove for cooking and biomass burning among small holder farmers in rural Ghana.
3. To create awareness on campuses especially among the youth on mitigating carbon emissions
1. My organization can partner in promoting clean cookstove use in our institutions especially Junior and senior high schools in Ghana.
2. We can partner in promoting its use in rural Ghana especially among farm families
3. We can help create awareness through farm and household visits, farmers day celebrations, open forum, mass media etc
4. We can partner in research and monitoring on adoption and impact of clean cookstove use in Ghana.
5. We can partner in women empowerment by engaging them as sales agents for the clean cookstoves.
Regions Operating In
Country Based In
Cape Coast, Ghana
Cape Coast, Central Region
Primary Point of Contact
Name: Dr. Christian Phares
Phone: +233 243 333 693Request an Edit to This Profile