Support Mayan communities in their development and natural resource conservation activities, while strengthening local cultural values.
Capacity Building, Climate/Environment, Gender / Womens Empowerment, Research, Technology and Fuel R&D
Other Organizational Expertise
Handicraft commercialization Biodiversity conservation
Technologies & Fuels
Biomass (Ag. Residue, Processed Biomass, etc.), Charcoal, Solar
Clean Cooking Activities
Construction in 2006 of the first pilot stove, Patsari Model or Lorena Model, which is appropriate for the Mayan zone and is made with local materials.
- 1012 stoves built in communities in the Maya zone as well as the YucatÃ¡n Peninsula (full subsidies and microcredit plan).
- 36 training courses given to communities in the YucatÃ¡n Peninsula about the construction and operation of the stove in addition to the building of the pilot stove.
- Formation of a group of 10 community promoters that have managed to organize more than 50 promotion events.
- 40 demonstration events in public locations with a portable stove.
- Creation of the microcredit cooperative at 0% interest to provide credit for TÃºumben KÃ³oben wood-saving stoves for Mayan communities in the YucatÃ¡n Peninsula with limited resources.
- Revolving fund of 150 wood-saving stoves in order to grant microcredit.
- Fund of 150 solar cookers to provide incentives to the beneficiaries of microcredit for timely payment.
We are interested in the partnership in order to: 1) exchage experiences and information with other partners, 2) recieve technical support and research to improve the efficiency of the stoves and 3) explore new financing channels.
We can contribute to the partnership by providing information about our experience working on eco-techniques and alternative energy projects within indigenous and rural communities of the Mayan Forest region of Mexico
Regions Operating In
Latin America and Caribbean
Country Based In
Benito Juarez Avenue
Felipe Carrillo Puerto, Quintana Roo 77250
Primary Point of Contact
Name: Ms. Dulce MagaÃ±a
Title: TÃºumben KÃ³oben Project Coordinator and Representative of the Cooperative.
Phone: 983 83 40176Request an Edit to This Profile