Zipolopolo FAST Cookstoves
It seems the choices are simple, either adapt, or die. We have chosen to adapt.
We believe that the best way to prevent our climate change related death in Malawi is to keep the tree's in the ground, and this is the cornerstone of our climate change adaption and mitigation toolkit.
Zipo is an appropriate technology cookstove solution that combats illegal / unsustainable wood and charcoal use in Malawi, so as to keep the tree's in the ground, rather than in the stove.
- Stops the denial and cleans up
- Talks less and does more
- Leaves no one behind
Capacity Building, Humanitarian/Emergency Response, Livelihoods
Technologies & Fuels
Biomass (Ag. Residue, Processed Biomass, etc.), Crop residues, Pellets / Briquettes
Clean Cooking Activities
Zipolopolo is Malawi's first 100% locally designed and locally made FA-TLUD improved cookstove that uses agricultural waste as pellet fuel, instead of unsustainable / illegal wood and charcoal.
• The "FAST" stove is a type of FA-TLUD (it does not produce biochar)
• The "FAST" stove has one main purpose - compete, cost wise, with the illegal / unsustainable wood and charcoal trade, to keep the tree's in the ground
• Made, repaired and maintained in Malawi by regular charcoal mbaula vendors
• Averages about 60% efficiency for cold/hot starts
• Costs the equivalent of about US$6.00
• Supplied with a basic recipe list for users to get started
• Multiple fan power supply options
• Cooks a basic Malawian meal for 4 to 6 people in less than 30 minutes, from match strike
If you like the Zipo concept, let's communicate and see what is possible.
Regions Operating In
Country Based In
Moyo Drive, NRC
Lilongwe, Central 0004
Primary Point of Contact
Name: Mr. Marcel Blankenstein
Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgRequest an Edit to This Profile