Business Development Associate, Global Team – Sistema.bio
Sistema.bio believes that the transition to renewable energy, reduction of global greenhouse gas emissions and adoption of regenerative farming are critical to ensure a thriving world for today and for generations to come. We advocate for a world in which waste is a resource, and farmers are empowered and productive. Smallholder farmers produce over 80% of our food: our technology and services help them be more sustainable, productive and healthy.
We are a leading global social enterprise operating in Latin America, India, and Africa. We provide farmers with financing to access waste-to-energy technology that is easy to install and maintain, includes great after-sales service and a 10 year relationship with every farmer. We manufacture, sell, install and finance our patented biodigester systems for small and medium scale farmers to convert their waste into economic, health and environmental benefits. Our products are unique for their simplicity of use, durability and quality. With a team of about 500 people worldwide, we have reached tens of thousands of farms in 30 countries with clean energy & fertilizer, and we are growing fast. We are on a mission to reduce 1% of global GHG emissions and transform food systems!
By the end of 2025, our goal is to have installed biodigesters for a million people with our technology where they lack access to clean, renewable, and cost-effective energy.
Sistema.bio is the 2019 Ashden Clean cooking Awards winner, Schwab World Economic Forum Fellow, United Nations SDG 7 leader. Sistema.bio is a certified BCorp and has been recognized by Buckminster Fuller Institute, Ashoka, Endeavor and many other leading awards, organizations and partners.
Your mission at Sistema.bio
Reporting to the Global Sales & Marketing Director, the Business Development Associate will be responsible for accelerating the business growth of Sistema.bio in new geographies to achieve our impact goals.
You’ll be in charge of:
- Communicating with (new) business partners in new countries where Sistema.bio has no local offices.
- Coordinating tender and grant applications for global market expansion.
- Coordinating orders of business partners in export markets – preparing and providing quotes, coordinating the delivery with the respective departments.
- Searching and proposing new business opportunities, market segments, products and geographies that align with
- Sistema.bio mission and growth plans as requested by and in close cooperation with sales management.
- Managing strategic commercial projects (e.g. partnership academy, data infrastructure development, global pricing).
- Managing implementation of projects in export countries.
More about YOU
- You hold a BSc. in Business Administration, Economics, International Business Management, Agribusiness or related field (MSc. desired).
- You demonstrate passion to empower smallholder farmers through climate smart technology.
- You have leadership experience in a professional, educational or community setting (experience managing another employee, starting a new company or organization, leading a volunteer project, captain of sports team, etc.).
- You have over 2 years experience in business research, business analysis, project management, or management consulting.
- You have exceptional professional verbal, written, visual communication and presentation skills.
- You are experienced analyzing qualitative and quantitative data to inform strategy and decision making.
- You have demonstrated ability to contribute to a strong team culture and build and maintain strong working relationships with a variety of stakeholders.
- You must be comfortable self-managing multiple priorities and partners concurrently, thrive in the face of change and uncertainty, and be motivated to drive projects forward.
- You have a positive, encouraging, collaborative attitude.
- You have experience working in global, multicultural settings across multiple time zones.
What it is like to work at Sistema.bio
- Global company: At Sistema.bio, you get exposure to working with 3 continents and diverse cultures and people. It’s the opportunity to build an international career and grow as an individual!
- Passion and purpose: Working at Sistema.bio, you work with a very passionate team that believes strongly in working for the social and environmental impact they want to see.
- A growing team with growing opportunities: Sistema.bio is on its way to double in size in the coming years. This growth will open new roles, new countries and a world of new opportunities! We have a roll-up-your-sleeves culture where we offer new opportunities for our team members’ careers and aspirations based on their skills, interests and aspirations.
- Learning about agroecology and small and medium-scale farmers: We make sure that regardless of your background, you get to spend time in the field with farmers and genuinely learn about farming and agroecology in general and its importance.
- Work-life balance: At Sistema.bio, we know you’re at your best when you’re rested and healthy. We therefore give you generous holidays options, parental leave, we pay for your health protection and give you options to work remotely when needed and possible.
- Gender Equality: Sistema.bio is committed to gender equality in the workplace. Thanks to our Gender policies and efforts women represent 57% of the Global team for example, and 27% of our overall workforce. We have flexible hours and expressing spaces for lactating mothers.
- A team of Do’ers: We are a team of doers. You will get a chance to get your hands dirty and learn on the ground up because your ideas and execution matter.
Location, travel and start date
- Based in Nairobi, Kenya
- Starting as soon as possible
To learn more and apply, click here.