Business Development Manager, Global Team – Sistema.bio
Sistema.bio believes that the transition to renewable energy, reduction of global greenhouse gas emissions and adoption of regenerative farming are critical to ensure a thriving world for today and for generations to come.
We advocate for a world in which waste is a resource, and farmers are empowered and productive. Smallholder farmers produce over 80% of our food: our technology and services help them be more sustainable, productive and healthy.
We are a leading global social enterprise operating in Latin America, India, and Africa. We provide farmers with financing to access waste-to-energy technology that is easy to install and maintain, includes great after-sales service and a 10 year relationship with every farmer.
We manufacture, sell, install and finance our patented biodigester systems for small and medium scale farmers to convert their waste into economic, health and environmental benefits. Our products are unique for their simplicity of use, durability and quality.
With a team of about 500 people worldwide, we have reached tens of thousands of farms in 30 countries with clean energy & fertilizer, and we are growing fast. We are on a mission to reduce 1% of global GHG emissions and transform food systems!
By the end of 2025, our goal is to have installed biodigesters for a million people with our technology where they lack access to clean, renewable, and cost-effective energy.
Sistema.bio is the 2019 Ashden Clean cooking Awards winner, Schwab World Economic Forum Fellow, United Nations SDG 7 leader. Sistema.bio is a certified BCorp and has been recognized by Buckminster Fuller Institute, Ashoka, Endeavor and many other leading awards, organizations and partners.
You can be a part of this impact story!
Your mission at Sistema.bio
Reporting to the Global Sales & Marketing Director, you will be responsible for accelerating the business growth of Sistema.bio in new geographies to achieve our impact goals.
You’ll be in charge of:
- Building and managing (new) partnerships in new countries where no Sistema.bio offices are established.
- Searching and proposing new business opportunities, market segments, products and geographies that align with Sistema.bio mission and growth plans.
- Developing winning proposals, tender and grant applications for global market expansion.
- Leading strategic commercial projects across geographies and coordinating with respective business units and teams globally to streamline and optimize internal processes and systems.
- Managing the implementation of biogas pilots and programs in Western Africa and the neighboring regions.
More about YOU
- Have a BSc. Business Administration, Economics, International Business Management, Agribusiness or related field, MSc. desired.
- Demonstrated passion for empowering smallholder farmers through climate-smart technology.
- Leadership experience in a professional, educational or community setting (experience managing another employee, starting a new company or organization, leading a volunteer project, being captain of a sports team, etc).
- 5+ years of business research, business analysis, project management, or management consulting experience.
- Strong professional verbal, written, visual communication and presentation skills.
- Experience analyzing qualitative and quantitative data to inform strategy and decision-making.
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to a strong team culture and build and maintain strong working relationships with a variety of stakeholders.
- Must be comfortable self-managing multiple priorities and partners concurrently, thrive in the face of change and uncertainty, and be motivated to drive projects forward.
- Positive, encouraging, collaborative attitude.
- Ability to work with a multicultural team.
- Fluent in english; proficiency in French is a valuable asset.
To learn more and apply, click here.