Carbon Marketing Officer – BURN Manufacturing
BURN is working to create a world where cooking positively impacts all life on Earth, by producing the world’s most efficient biomass, liquid fuel, and electric cookstoves.
Since 2013, BURN has sold 3,600,000+ stoves in Africa. These stoves have helped 7.3 million beneficiaries save over $400 million in fuel expenditures and 5.3 million tons of wood while reducing indoor air pollution by 65%. Our team of 600 people – 51% of whom are women – is on track to produce and sell over 150,000 stoves per month in 2022 at our solar-powered facility in Kenya.
Title: Carbon Marketing Officer
We are pleased to announce the following vacancy in the Carbon–Marketing Team within the Commercial division based in Westlands, Nairobi-Kenya. In keeping with our growing business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
Reporting to the Carbon Communications Fellow, the Carbon Marketing Officer will be responsible for developing and maintaining an array of marketing materials for the Carbon team.
The ideal candidate will have experience contributing to the Marketing function within a nimble, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment as well as familiarity with communicating complex environmental/ social issues. This role requires a blend of skills across project management, client services, asset development, and marketing execution.
- Responsible for the full suite of BURN’s Carbon marketing assets, including one-pagers/factsheets, impact reports, PowerPoint presentations, videos, web pages, etc.
- Partner with the Carbon Sales team to understand ongoing and new marketing needs.
- Partner with the Creative/Design team to brief in and develop necessary marketing materials as well as be able to work independently to design/deliver marketing materials, when necessary
- Manage relationships with each in-market manager to regularly capture regionally relevant photo/video content and maintain a data bank of facts & figures.
- Translate marketing content into paid/organic content for BURN’s LinkedIn
- Monitor and report on trending content in the Carbon space on LinkedIn and position BURN for continued growth on the platform.
- Establish and manage BURN’s Carbon newsletter, creating an overarching plan for consistent execution and high-quality audience engagements & growth.
- Collaborate with BURN’s network of Carbon partners to support their marketing needs.
- Planning, organizing, and conducting business meetings and events such as conferences, seminars, and workshops ensuring the brand is well represented.
- Bachelor’s degree – ideally in marketing or communications
- Ideally at least 3-5 years of experience in a relevant role
- Experience working for a non-profit or social enterprise desired.
- Experience with marketing to investor/donor audiences in the Global North preferred.
- Experience developing and writing content/ copy including creating or collaborating on one-pagers/factsheets, impact reports,
- PowerPoint presentations, short/long-form videos, and web pages.
- Knowledge of the carbon markets and environmental/social issues is desirable.
- Experience working with a Creative/Design function (completing briefs, helping to project manage work)
- Graphic design skills are desirable.
To learn more and apply, click here.