Director of Finance – Student Energy
- Manage the Student Energy finance team, which currently consists of two direct reports.
- Prepare monthly and annual financial reporting and oversee bookkeeping contractors to ensure the process is completed on time each month.
- Analyze financial information and summarize Student Energy’s financial status for regular budget meetings and meetings with the Board Finance Committee.
- Oversee the budgets and cash flows for existing programs, proposed programs, grants, and administration.
- Complete all financial reporting for funder reports under the direction of the Director of Impact and Operations.
- Maintain accurate financial records using QuickBooks and provide real-time financial data for internal decision-making and planning. Proactively identify errors and suggest ways to improve efficiency and spending.
- Manage payroll, including CRA remittances.
- Provide advice to the Executive Director and Director of Impact and Operations on all relevant federal and provincial legislation, and under our registered Canadian charitable status as it pertains to financial management and contracts the organization enters into.
- Oversee and coordinate our annual voluntary audit and implement recommendations of the independent auditor.
- Prepare and file the Canadian T3010 Registered Charity Return on behalf of the organization, as required.
- Review and develop financial policies and processes, as required.
- Support or lead other internal priorities as requested by the Director of Impact and Operations.
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation.
- Minimum five years of accounting and FP&A experience.
- Background in operational accounting and/or management accounting, with a thorough knowledge of accounting principles to analyze financial reports and forecasts.
- Knowledgeable of best practice financial controls, in Canada and globally.
- Familiarity with financial audits (Canada)
- Experienced in budget development, budget management, and forecasting.
- Experienced in bookkeeping, including managing accounts payable and receivable, expense tracking, and payroll management.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare detailed financial statements and reports.
- Expertise using QuickBooks for bookkeeping and accounting.
- Expertise with Excel
- Excellent analytical skills with a knack for seeing patterns in data and anticipating challenges before they arise.
- Detail-oriented and highly organized, with an eye for process efficiencies
- Self-motivated and driven to produce quality results and act with integrity.
- Solutions-oriented and willing to be collaborative and agile to support Student Energy’s mission and vision.
- A commitment to Student Energy values, including climate action and the energy transition, youth empowerment, global intergenerational equity, and systems change.
Term: The Contract term is between May 1st 2023 – December 3st, 2023, with the possibility of extension for the right candidate.
Weekly hours: Fixed term, full-time, up to 40-hours per week.
Location: This will be remote, with the opportunity to work in person at Student Energy’s office in Vancouver, BC. This position is open to all candidates based in Canada.
How to Apply
Job Application Deadline: Applications must be submitted by 11:59 PDT on April 16, 2023 / 06:59 GMT on April 17, 2023.
To learn more and apply, click here.