Energy Advisor – EnDev
Energising Development (EnDev) is a global multi-donor partnership programme implemented by Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) that facilitates market-based access to modern energy services in 20 countries worldwide. It is funded by the core donors – Germany, the Netherlands, Switzerland and Norway – as well as a number of other partners supporting specific activities.
In Uganda, EnDev, under the GIZ Energy & Climate Programme, cooperates closely with the Ministry of Energy and Mineral Development (MEMD) in providing access to modern energy services to Ugandan households (including in refugee settings), social institutions, and SMEs through market development for solar PV and cooking energy technologies. Low access to clean cooking technologies remains a major barrier to Uganda’s socio-economic development with a transition to alternative fuels and modern cooking energy services needed to play a role in increasing access to efficient cooking technologies for households, and Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs). ABC is programme component under Strengthening the Entrepreneurial Ecosystem for Clean Cooking (SEE-CC) (2020-2025) and is financed by the Netherlands, the EU & Denmark.
The African Biodigester Component (ABC) aims to support the growth and sustainability of a commercial biodigester sector in SubSaharan Africa. Coordinating closely with the lead implementer, SNV Uganda, GIZ EnDev is taking over the responsibilities of enabling environment support. This includes technical assistance to strengthen the capacity of key sector stakeholders including the biogas
associations, improving coordination between stakeholders as well as facilitating awareness engagements. In addition, GIZ EnDev Uganda will work closely with MEMD and other relevant line ministries including Minister of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries (MAAIF) and
Ministry of Health (MoH) to provide targeted technical assistance to policy processes improving the enabling environment.
Knowledge, Skills & Competences
- Comprehensive understanding of the Ugandan Energy sector including the specific trends related to biodigesters.
- Ability to process, analyze, and synthesize complex technical information from different disciplines in the areas of energy, policy development and regulation among others.
- Ability to network, build and maintain professional relationships with government, development partners, civil society organisations, and private stakeholders.
- The Energy Advisor- ABC is responsible for:
Support the design, implementation, and monitoring of the project’s activities in fostering the enabling environment for biodigesters in Uganda.
- Working closely with representatives from the respective ministries, sector associations and other stakeholders. Tangible outcomes and quantifiable results are expected.
To learn more and apply, click here.