Global + LATAM Communications Coordinator, G&A, Sistema.bio
Sistema.bio, we are creating value from waste.
Sistema.bio believes that the transition to renewable energy and organic farming is crucial to protect our planet, and maintain a sustainable world for our generation and those to come. We advocate for a world in which waste is a resource, and farmers are empowered and productive.
We are a leading global social enterprise operating in Latin America, India, and Africa. We provide farmers with financing to access waste-to-energy technology that is easy to install and maintain, includes great after-sales service and a 10 years warranty.
We manufacture, sell, install and finance our patented biodigester systems for small and medium scale farmers to convert their waste into economic, health and environmental benefits. Our products are unique for their simplicity to use, durability and quality. With a staff of currently about 500 people, we have reached over 30,000 farms and over 180,000 people in 30 countries with clean energy & fertilizer and are on the pathway to reduce 1% of global GHG emissions!
By the end of 2025, our goal is to have installed biodigesters for a million people with our technology where they lack access to clean, renewable, and cost-effective energy.
Sistema.bio is the 2019 Ashden Clean cooking Awards winner, Schwab World Economic Forum Fellow, United Nations SDG 7 leader. Sistema.bio is a certificated BCorp and has been recognized by Buckminster Fuller Institute, Ashoka, Endeavor and many other leading awards, organizations and partners.
You can be a part of this impact story!
Your mission as Global + LATAM Communications Coordinator at Sistema.bio
Ensure farmers, the Sistema.bio team and stakeholders in the LATAM and at global level fall in love Sistema.bio by understanding our impact, farmers and our products.
You’ll be in charge of:
- Supporting the development and implementation of the Global and LATAM communication strategy, with a main focus on Corporate and internal communications.
- Creating an excellent and unified communications material for LATAM and key Global actors targeting the variety of audiences at Sistema.bio that reflects the company’s mission, vision, values, and Impact.
- Managing the digital Social Media strategy for corporate channels: LinkedIn and Twitter, from content creation, managing conversations, and improving content according to data analysis.
- Producing high-quality content for LATAM and Global media channels and capitalizing on them by positioning Sistema.bio as a leader in the agro and biogas industry in LATAM and global channels.
- Creating and adapting relevant content for press releases, white papers, opinion articles, keynote, presentations, program reports, and editorial opinion pieces.
- Gaining the best spaces/times and repetitions in the mainstream media or niche media relevant to our conversation (online media and PR relationships among journalists and media houses) for LATAM and global.
- Supporting coordination and maximizing the relationship with external creative agencies (graphic designers, filmmaker agencies) for marketing and outreach material production.
More about YOU
- Between 6-10 years of experience in communication
- Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or related bachelor’s degree/master’s degree.
- Proven experience with media relations and strong relationships with both local and national business and industry media outlets
- Strong writing and editing skills in English and Spanish
- Solid experience with social media, including blogs, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc
- Proven capacity to work in a multidisciplinary or multi-agency setting
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Dropbox, GSuite and familiar with Adobe Creative Suite
- Ability to work in a dynamic team environment under deadlines
- Planning and organizational skills, including proven expertise in follow-up and follow-through to complete projects
- Ability to think quickly and determine creative solutions to a variety of unexpected challenges
- Ability to quickly establish and maintain rapport with diverse populations
What it is like to work at Sistema.bio
- Global company: At Sistema.bio, you will get exposure to working with 3 continents and diverse cultures and people, supporting an international career for you.
- Passion and purpose: Working at Sistema.bio, you will work with a very passionate team that believes strongly in working for the social and environmental impact they want to see.
- A growing team with growing opportunities: Sistema.bio is on its way to double in size in the coming years. This growth will open new roles, new countries and a world of new opportunities! We have a roll-up-your-sleeves culture where we offer new opportunities for our team members’ careers and aspirations based on their skills, interests and aspirations.
- Learning about agroecology and small and medium-scale farmers: We will make sure that regardless of your background, you get to spend time in the field with farmers and genuinely learn about farming and agroecology in general and its importance.
- Work-life balance: At Sistema.bio, we know you’re at your best when you’re rested and healthy. We therefore give you generous holidays options, parental leave, we pay for your health protection and give you options to work remotely when needed and possible.
- Gender Equality: Sistema.bio is committed to gender equality in the workplace. Thanks to our Gender policies and efforts women represent 57% of the Global team for example, and 27% of our overall workforce. We have flexible hours and expressing spaces for lactating mothers.
- A team of Do’er: we are not a team of talkers, we are a team of doers. you will get a chance to get your hands dirty and learn on the ground up, while working on your problem solving and creativity skills. Your ideas and execution matter.
Location, travel and start date
- Based in México City.
- Potential domestic travel, 10% of your time.
- The monthly gross salary range is between 35K – 40K mexican pesos.
- Starting: As soon as possible.
To learn more and apply, click here.