Head of Strategic Partnerships and Grants – BURN Manufacturing
About the role
Burn is looking for a Head of Strategic Partnerships and Grants who will play a pivotal role in driving BURN’s mission by managing the full grant cycle, cultivating strategic partnerships, and securing funding to support our clean cooking initiatives.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Partnership Development:
- Spearhead the development of strategic global partnerships within the clean cooking sector.
- Provide close relationship management support, including regular check-ins with high-level stakeholders across diverse organizations.
- Identify and develop new strategic partnerships aligned with BURN’s company strategy.
- Represent BURN at conferences and events in Kenya and abroad, pitching to external parties.
- Pitch Material Design & Development:
- Collaborate with the marketing team to design and develop effective project and partnership proposals.
- Maintain and update pitch materials, which are crucial for securing multi-million-dollar partnerships and projects.
- Strategic Projects/Initiatives:
- Assist the Commercial team in planning, implementing, and tracking strategic projects and initiatives across various geographical markets.
- Act as an organizer and liaison between BURN’s senior management, commercial, carbon, and special project/grants teams.
- Information Gathering:
- Gather critical market information on the clean cooking sector, carbon offsetting market, distribution partners, competitor activity, and aid and development industries.
- Produce regular analytical reports and ad-hoc research papers on key partnerships, business development updates, market landscape, and monthly forecasting and reporting for distribution activities.
- Team Management:
- Manage the grants team, providing guidance and support in achieving departmental objectives.
- Grant Management:
- Manage the complete grant cycle, including solicitation, pre-award, award, monitoring, compliance, reporting, and close-out.
- Research and develop a portfolio of donors to diversify funding sources.
- Identify new funding opportunities, plan, write, prepare, and present grant proposals, including budgets and timelines.
- Complete follow-through and stewardship for multiple grants/gifts, ensuring donor expectations are met.
- Manage the proposal development and submission process, crafting compelling and strategic grant proposals that align with BURN’s mission and donor objectives.
- Provide prospective funders with necessary supporting documents.
- Execute tailored solicitation, cultivation, and stewardship plans for each grant to meet revenue goals.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field; master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in partnership development, business development and grant management.
- Proven track record of successfully securing grants and cultivating strategic partnerships.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong project management and organizational abilities.
- Knowledge of the clean cooking sector and related markets is a plus.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a cross-functional team.
- Proficiency in grant management software and databases.
- Willingness to travel as needed.
To learn more and apply, click here.