Latam Director, Sistema.bio
Latam Director | Latam | CDMX, Mexico
Sistema.bio is a leading social enterprise operating in Latin America, India, and Africa by bringing technology, training and financing to smallholder farmers. Headquartered in Mexico City, Sistema.bio promotes a world where waste is a resource, and farmers are empowered and productive. We manufacture, sell, install and finance our patented biodigester systems for small and medium scale farmers to convert their waste into economic, health and environmental benefits.
By the end of 2021, our goal is to have installed biodigesters for over 200,000 people in 25 countries where they lack access to clean, renewable and cost-effective energy.
Sistema.bio is the 2019 Ashden Clean cooking Awards winner, 2019 Schwab World Economic Forum Fellow, 2019 United Nations SDG 7 leader, and has been recognized by Buckminster Fuller Institute, Ashoka, Endeavor and many other leading awards, organizations and partners. You can be a part of this impact story!
Who is the Latam Director @ Sistema.bio
Reporting to the CEO, you will be responsible for developing and implementing a growth strategy in Mexico and support our build our partnerships in Central and South American.
This is a significant leadership role, and we are looking for passionate, self-driven leaders that want to make a positive impact in the world. The right candidate could significantly increase the size and impact of the Latin American operations and therefore have an important role in the Global Executive team.
You’ll be in charge of
- Translating our global strategy into clear and tangible outcomes for Latin America
- Directing the commercial strategy in the region, with a focus on supporting direct customer sales in key markets and building a strategy for building partnerships in the rest of the region. These include agricultural supply chains, commercial distributers, NGO programs, government programs, and other social enterprises
- Driving commercial growth through both B2B and B2C channels: developing, managing and growing a pipeline of customer base, engaging in screening discussions, negotiating agreements, responding to tenders, and coordinating with fulfillment teams (logistics, technical, and/or R&D). Managing specific high impact projects and collaborations when needed.
- Managing the financial and administrative teams to ensure strong Backoffice support for field teams
- Leading and empowering the regional Latam managers and directors to ensure efficient operations: coaching and growing the key people to make them into regional leaders
- Be a representative and public figure for Sistema.bio in Latam, representing our culture and vision
- Ensuring Sistema.bio is well positioned in the ecosystem of impactful companies creating positive change in the region, specifically in the areas of sustainable and regenerative agriculture, clean energy and social development
More about YOU
- You are passionate about creating social and environmental impact through social business in rural markets in Central or Latin America
- You have clear 5-10 years experience running and growing a small company, project, organization or a department, preferably in rural markets, in the renewable energy or agriculture sector
- You enjoy setting, tracking and meeting a strategy with clear goals and motivate a team around them
- You have experience and are comfortable managing people, especially across a broad range of cultural and geographic ranges. You are a seasoned manager that people look up to
- You are analytical. You use numbers to understand patterns and measure your actions
- You enjoy rolling-up your sleeve and getting your hands dirty (literally) and you are not afraid to lead by example
What it is like to work @ Sistema.bio
- Entrepreneurial culture: Your ideas matter. We believe in empowering people to own their projects and be able to take responsibility for them.
- Passion and purpose: Working at Sistema.bio, you will work with a very passionate team that believes strongly in working for the social and environmental impact they want to see.
- A growing team with growing opportunities:Sistema.bio is on its way to double in size in the coming years. This growth will open new roles, new countries and a world of new opportunities! We have a roll-up-your-sleeves culture where we offer new opportunities for our team members’ careers and aspirations based on their skills, interests and aspirations.
- Time in the field with the small and medium-scale farmers: At Sistema.bio, we are passionate about understanding and serving our customers: small and medium-scale farmers. Working with Sistema.bio, we will make sure that regardless of your background, you get to spend time in the field with farmers and genuinely understand their challenges and their everyday concerns.
- We care about your career progression:We are building a strong culture of training and investing in developing our people. As a Sistema.bio employee, you’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, competency matrix, access to training programs, and clear tracking of your performance and career development twice a year.
- Work-life balance: At Sistema.bio, we know you’re at your best when you’re rested and healthy. We therefore give you generous holidays options, parental leave, we pay for your health protection and give you options to work remotely when needed and possible.
- Gender Equality: Sistema.bio is committed to gender equality in the workplace. Thanks to our Gender policies and efforts women represent 57% of the Global team for example, and 27% of our overall workforce. We have flexible hours and expressing spaces for lactating mothers.
- People First culture – People matter to us, and we are building a culture that translates this. See more about our values here: https://sistema.bio/opportunities/
- Based in Mexico City, Mexico
- Traveling to our Mexico offices, Colombia and potentially our partners, approx. 15% of your time