Policy Advisor Off-Grid Energy Policy and Regulation for GET.transform – GIZ
Period of use: 02/01/2024 – 06/30/2026
Our model for success is a better life for everyone and purposeful tasks for our employees. For more than 50 years, the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ), as a company of the German Federal Government, has been supporting the implementation of development policy goals worldwide. Together with partner organisations in 120 countries, we are involved in a diverse range of projects. If you want to make a difference in the world and develop yourself in the process, you’ve come to the right place.
The Global Energy Transformation programme (GET.transform) is a European multi-donor programme with the aim to support developing and emerging countries worldwide in advancing their energy and power sector transformations. It offers comprehensive advisory services to governments, regulatory bodies, and electric utilities on the topics of long-term energy planning, renewable energy grid integration, as well as energy policy, regulation and market development. GET.transform operates in Africa and Latin America
- Support and implement GET.transform advisory projects and initiatives in the field of energy policy, regulation and markets with a focus on off-grid energy and market development
- Identify policy and regulatory support needs with GET.transform country advisors, governments, regulatory bodies, and electric utilities and develop targeted advisory approaches addressing them
- Organise support for partner countries in implementing their electrification targets working on topics such as concessions, tariff frameworks, subsidy schemes, and solicited procurement processes for mini-grids
- Cultivate and engage exchange networks and manage implementing partnerships with multilateral and regional strategic partner organisations including our sister project GET.invest
- Develop and organise capacity building measures and proactively, creatively, and effectively disseminate knowledge products to off-grid stakeholders
- Organise events such as workshops, seminars and other means of information sharing among government decision-makers, industry representatives and other experts as well as represent GET.transform at such public events
- Administrate international consulting service contracts and coordinate international short-term and long-term expert assignments
- Providing expert backstopping support to other GIZ programs through GET.transform Leveraged Partnerships
- University degree in Law, Economics, Political Science, Engineering or Environmental Science or any related discipline with a focus on sustainable energy and or electricity access
- Several years of professional experience in the field of sustainable development or sustainable energy, ideally in the work environment of energy policy, regulation, planning, and off-grid market development
- Experience in working with government regulatory bodies, electric utility companies, consulting, or non-governmental organisations on topics of mini grids and / or electricity access
- Experience in project management, including the administration and coordination of international consulting service contracts as well as with monitoring and evaluation systems
- Experience working with Africa and Latin America highly valuable
- Excellent writing, verbal, and presentation skills and the ability to clearly communicate complex policy issues to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Proven ability to work in a multi-disciplinary, divers, and complex environment, and experience working cooperatively in a team
- Business fluent in English and German; knowledge in French and/or Spanish preferred
This job is suited to a full or a part-time position.
The willingness for frequent business trips is required.
In order to fulfill the company’s objectives, the willingness of employees for assignments at all GIZ locations in Germany and abroad is of high corporate interest.
To learn more and apply, click here.