Project Manager, Tech Ops, Sistema.bio
Sistema.bio is a leading social enterprise operating in Latin America, India, and Africa by bringing technology, training and financing to farmers. Headquartered in Mexico City, Sistema.bio promotes a world where waste is a resource, and farmers are empowered and productive. We manufacture, sell, install and finance our patented bio-digester systems for small and medium-scale farmers to convert their waste into economic, health and environmental benefits.
By the end of 2021, our goal is to have installed biodigesters for over 200,000 people in 15 countries where they lack access to clean, renewable and cost-effective energy.
Sistema.bio is the 2019 Ashden Clean cooking Awards winner and the 2017 Buckminster Fuller Institute Finalist. Our Founder Alex Eaton is an Ashoka and Endeavor Fellow.
You can be a part of this impact story!
Who is the Project Manager – Maharashtra at Sistema.bio?
Reporting to the Operations head -India, you will be responsible for technical Operation/Project planning, execution & control.. You are also responsible for managing a team of techops coordinators & technicians, you will drive the team to install biodigesters and gas pipelines according to the global quality standards of Sistema.bio with the central focus on customer service and satisfaction.
You’ll be in charge of:
- Prepare Operation/Project plans and ensure execution within scope, time, and cost targets.
- Hiring & Training of Techops Co-ordinators & Technicians/ temporary technicians in the state of Maharashtra
- Train Techops co-ordinators & technician teams for the high-quality installation, user training, and service.
- Prepare weekly/ monthly work plans for all Techops Coordinators/ Technicians and ensure execution within time and cost targets.
- Handle all farmer and customer communication and train teams to handle technical queries and complaints independently.
- Coordinate closely with the commercial team to meet sales commitments with technical implementation.
- Track delays and bottlenecks on a daily basis and solve them on the go to ensure operational efficiency.
- Ensure 100% quality and work process compliance by each team member.
- Train to strive for the highest order of customer satisfaction with their technical and communication skills.
- Drive the adoption of biodigesters at each farm by training farmers on the Sistema. bio methodology.
- Consolidate data by developing technical documentation, reports, and corresponding training materials.
More about YOU:
- You have a B.Tech or M.Tech/MBA degree with 4+ years of rural implementation experience for Agri-equipments (preferred). Work experience in the Biogas industry would be a great plus!
- You have 4+ years of Client/Project management experience and have proven your excellence in Field Operation/Rural Projects.
- You have strong problem-solving and analytical skills and are able to offer solutions on the go.
- You are extremely respectful towards farmers and field staff and have a strong attitude of service.
- You are highly attentive to details and have a track record of maintaining quality standards.
- You have strong oral and written communication skills in English and can fluently speak the local language Kannada.
- You have experience in general management and good team-leading skills.
- You have a technical background and hands-on experience in fieldwork.
- You are willing to travel and are comfortable working with different cultures, regions, users, and environments.
- You are conversant with Microsoft Office applications.
What it is like to work at Sistema.bio?
- Entrepreneurial culture: Your ideas matter. We believe in people owning their projects and being able to take responsibility for them.
- Passion and purpose: working at Sistema.bio, you’ll be able to work with a very passionate team that believes strongly in working for the real social and environmental impact they want to see.
- A growing team with growing opportunities: bio plans to double in the coming years. This growth is opening new roles, new countries and new departments. We have a roll-up-your-sleeves culture where we can offer new opportunities for our team’s careers and aspirations.
- Time in the field with the small and medium-scale farmers: at Sistema.bio, we are passionate about understanding and serving our customers, small and medium-scale farmers. We love candidates that come from a family background of farming, or who travel home to their family’s farms on a regular basis too, though we do not discriminate against urban candidates. Working with Sistema.bio, we will make sure that regardless on your background, you get to spend time in the field with farmers and genuinely understand their pain points, their everyday concerns and connect with them.
- We care about your career progression: we have a strong culture of training and investing in developing our people. As a Sistema.bio employee, you’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to training programs, and clear tracking of your performance and career development twice a year.
- Work-life balance: at Sistema.bio, we know you’re at your best when you’re rested and healthy, therefore we give you unlimited holidays, parental leave, pay for your health protection and give you options to work remotely when needed.
- Gender Equality: Sistema.bio is committed to gender equality in the workplace. Thanks to our Gender policies and efforts women represent 57% of the Global team for example and 27% of our overall workforce. We have flexible hours and expressing spaces for lactating mothers
Location, travel, and start date
- You will be mainly operating out of the Pune Head office.
- You will be required to travel almost 60% of your time.
- Start Date: Immediately
To learn more and apply, click here.