Renewables in Heating & Cooling/ Energy Systems Project Management and Research Coordination, REN21
REN21’s activities build on a broad and cross-sectoral community and are centred around crowdsourced knowledge, dialogue and debate, and communication activities. REN21 thrives for a strong integration of those activities to position renewables more effectively. As part of REN21’s knowledge team, REN21 is seeking a new team member to co-lead on REN21’s knowledge activities and lead on the renewables in heating & cooling and/or energy systems. Centred around the production of REN21’s knowledge products (reports, briefs, fact sheets), the successful candidate will be responsible for project management, research coordination and community engagement and will support REN21’s knowledge-based communications activities. This is a full-time position, based in Paris, France at the REN21 Secretariat office (3 days per week).
- Project Management:
- As part of the knowledge team, coordinate the production of REN21 knowledge products (reports, in particular the Global Status Report series; briefs; fact sheets) along the full production cycle: planning, content production, community engagement, editing, design, outreach
- Participate in the day-to-day management of the production process, including setting and monitoring of milestones, timeline, etc.
- Research Coordination
- Monitor policy, investments, industrial and market trends and strategically develop REN21’s knowledge activities, particularly on renewables in transport
- Participate in defining and further developing REN21’s renewable energy tracking; integrate renewable energy indicators into REN21’s data collection process and databases
- Research and analysis: identify research needs; coordinate REN21’s internal research; manage data collection (surveys, interviews, etc.); authoring of chapters’ sections
- Ensuring that REN21’s knowledge approach and quality standards are ensured throughout REN21’s activities (carrying out critical review of texts, figures, tables, and additional chapter contents etc.)
- Community building and engagement
- Develop and maintain a diverse network of partners and contacts across sectors and specifically in the transport eco-system(s)
- Identify and mobilise the community (contributors, collaboration partners) to engage in REN21’s crowd-sourced/collaborative knowledge building activities
- Interact with REN21 partners (IEA, IRENA, World Bank, industry associations, NGOs, regional organisations, etc.) on renewable energy research and data
- Communications – Strategic positioning of renewables
- Support REN21’s knowledge-based outreach and communication: provide evidence, ‘voices’, talking points; authoring of blogs and posts
- Work with the communications team to develop targeted narratives that allow to strategically position renewables o Present REN21 reports and products at events, conferences, workshops, etc.
- Topical lead on renewables in heating and cooling and/or energy systems
- Monitor relevant trends, players, events, processes in the heating and cooling ecosystem(s) (buildings, cities, districts, industry etc.) and/or energy systems (sector integration, grids, storage, digitalisation, etc.) sharing insights to strategically position renewables
- Undertake qualitative and quantitative analysis of heating and cooling / energy systems and associated topics for inclusion in REN21 knowledge products
The ideal candidate is a versatile team player with high level of strategic and systems thinking, sound judgment, and strong interpersonal skills is not afraid to ask questions, challenge the status quo and introduce new ideas when appropriate. Track record as an energetic, flexible, self-starting team player with the ability to foster a strong level of engagement across the team and networks.
We therefore require:
- At least eight years of professional experience – five of which in private sector or strategic consulting – in the field of energy, environment, development and/or climate
- Creativity, curiosity and the courage to explore new topics and present new ideas
- Strong organisational skills with outstanding attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills, systems/integrated and goal-oriented approach
- Leadership skills to build and lead a community of partners
- Self-starter: ability to independently meet deadlines and handle multiple time-sensitive tasks and competing priorities
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative environment and work with research and outreach teams
- Excellent communication (written & oral) and interpersonal skills
The following are desirable :
- Advanced university degree(s) in a relevant discipline, such as political science, economics, finance or business or similar, preferably with specialisation in energy. An understanding of the overall energy sector (production of energy, transformation, end-uses, energy policy) and its history is an advantage
- Knowledge of German and French are a plus
The position is full-time and based at the REN21 Secretariat in Paris, to start as soon as possible. The working language at REN21 is English.
To learn more and apply, click here.