Research Analyst – 60 Decibels
60 Decibels is a tech-powered impact measurement company that makes it easy to listen to the people who matter most. We’ve been in business as an independent entity since early 2019, when we spun out of the global Impact Investor Acumen.
We believe that the best way to understand social impact is by talking to the people experiencing that impact. It sounds obvious when you say it, but that is not the typical practice for many impact investors, corporations and foundations working to create social change.
We collect social impact data directly from beneficiaries (customers / employees / suppliers) using our network of 1000+ trained research assistants in 75+ countries. We do it quickly and without the fuss typically associated with measuring social impact. Our research assistants speak directly to customers to understand their lived experience; and our team turns all this data into benchmarked social performance reports, with accompanying insights, to help our clients demonstrate and improve social performance.
By making impact measurement simple, scalable, and comparable, we not only enable organizations to improve their products and services; we also help transform what it means to credibly measure impact, ensuring that the voices of those who matter most are always part of the story.
About the Role
We are a fast-growing, mission-driven, B2B company working with the world’s leading impact investors, companies, foundations and nonprofits who are looking to create positive social impact. We are looking for Research Analysts to join our team. Research Analysts will have the opportunity to interact with some of the world’s most exciting social enterprises and impact investing funds. This is a 6-month contract position with opportunities to become permanent.
Specifically, the Research Analyst will under supervision have the following responsibilities:
- Contribute to our goals: Contribute to client projects by ensuring high-quality output, and ensuring timely delivery. This directly contributes to the achievement of our organizational goals.
- Research Thinking & Design: Collaborate with senior team members to assess client contracts, understanding their needs and business objectives. Utilize research and critical thinking skills to devise effective methodologies and sample designs. Provide input to design survey tools aimed at collecting actionable feedback to aid social enterprises in growing their business and impact.
- Excellent Analysis & Reporting: Conduct quality checks on data, perform analysis, and write reports that present compelling narratives and offer actionable insights for clients. Engage effectively in brainstorming sessions, ensuring thorough and accurate analysis and well-structured, thoughtful report writing.
- Project Management: Participate in relevant aspects of the project delivery cycle from start to completion. Ensure proper filing, documentation, and record-keeping while adhering to data protection laws.
- Communication: Model proactive and effective communication both internally and externally.
- Teamwork & Collaboration: Support fellow team members in workflow and execution. Take a proactive approach to consulting with internal experts, other teams, and markets beyond one’s own
- Inquisitiveness & Open Mind: Demonstrate curiosity to learn and explore new ideas and methods. Proactively utilize various learning materials and resources to advance personal learning and development
- Brand Ambassadorship: Embody our company values both internally and externally.
First and foremost, you bring compassion and dedication to this work because it matters to you. You have a bias towards action: you get your hands dirty and actively tackle problems in a way that leads to the best outcomes and brings teams together. You successfully balance flexibility and rigor, using informed judgment to make decisions. You model critical thinking and introspection, taking strategic risks and growing from mistakes. You are decisive and bold, have a growth mindset, are eager to change the status quo, and know the value of being a part of an effective team.
Ultimately, you are eager to do the work to build something new and (we hope) important to the world.
We also expect that most candidates will have had the following experiences / attributes. If your experience set differs, but you think you’re the right person for the job, say that in your application.
- Mandatory requirements:
- Excellent mathematical and analytical skills
- Excellent project management competence: timely delivery, high quality output, great communication
- Comfort in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment; ability to prioritize and multitask
- Willingness to work for long hours when required
- A quick learner when it comes to new software. We use a combination of StatsIQ, Qualtrics, Airtable and all the standard Microsoft tools
- Demonstrated interest in or commitment to tackling global development and social challenges
- Excellent spoken and written English skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to give/ take feedback
- Preferred but not mandatory requirements:
- 0-3+ years of relevant research experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience making data-driven decisions and synthesizing information
To learn more and apply, click here.