Senior Product Manager – KOKO Networks
About KOKO Networks
KOKO Networks is a venture-backed climate-tech company with 1,200+ employees across East Africa & India. Our mission is to imagine and deliver technology that improves life in the world’s fastest growing cities. We offer a fast-paced and highly collaborative work environment with significant opportunities for professional growth. Our core lines of business currently include: (1) KOKO Fuel, an ultra-clean liquid bioethanol cooking fuel solution delivered via a network of smart fuel ATMs and leveraging existing downstream liquid fuels infrastructure; (2) KOKO Climate, which retails the emissions reductions that occur from switching households from deforestation-based charcoal to KOKO Fuel; and (3) KOKO Club, a tech-enabled, direct-to-consumer, instant fulfillment retail platform operated in partnership with neighborhood retailers. In 2021, KOKO was selected as the world’s leading emerging markets climate technology solution by FT/IFC.
KOKO Networks is on a mission to imagine and deliver technology that transforms life in the world’s fastest growing cities. The role we’re looking to fill is a career defining opportunity for someone passionate about this mission and about product management who wants to build and lead amazing teams of engineers and product designers in Nairobi and Pune.
The products and solutions you’ll help build and shape touch hundreds of thousands of people in some of the fastest growing cities in the world every single day. Your job will be to help us grow our business and revenue, acquire and retain customers, make complex logistics and operations more efficient, and delight our colleagues, customers, and partners.
This role requires significant time in the local market and close to our operations in Nairobi. We will only consider candidates based there or willing to relocate there.
What You Will Do
- You will build detailed domain knowledge of KOKO’s business plans, markets, and internal realities as a manufacturing and logistics company offering combined hardware and software products
- You will manage the roadmap: capture work from a wide range of inputs, understand and prioritise this work so your team is always working on the most impactful projects
- You’ll deeply understand the problems that you’re tackling through research and regular interaction with customers, partners and colleagues; define and frame those problems for the team
- You will collaborate with your team in thinking big, to imagine solutions that solve these problems
- You’ll scope these solutions to their smallest coherent state to ship to users as early as you can
- You’ll constantly evaluate if your solutions have solved the problem through quantitative and qualitative measures, both in MVPs and after full release
- You will own and maintain the quality of the product areas your team is responsible for; deliver high quality software in every release
- You’ll motivate a group of committed, smart people to do the best work of their careers
What You Will Bring to KOKO
- 5+ years experience in product management with a proven track record of shipping impactful products
Ideally you have some UX experience as it’s important to us to think deeply about product design decisions and how to create simple user interfaces
- We prefer candidates who have experience working in combined software and hardware businesses (with manufacturing and logistics)
- You’re entrepreneurial; you need little direction; you’re self driven and show ownership
- You can clearly communicate product decisions and the rationale behind them. You’re comfortable with making decisions in ambiguity. You can help others make decisions by being persuasive.
- You’re able to easily switch between thinking creatively and analytically for best results
- Have an understanding of the technical architecture of complex web and mobile applications
What we offer
- We believe that our people are critical for our ambitious growth plans in Kenya and beyond. We want to build an organisation where people thrive, feel included, grow professionally, and enjoy having high impact through their work.
- Competitive salary plus a quarterly cash bonus
- Annual compensation reviews – we reward great work
- Hybrid working model – allowing you to split your time between in-person collaboration at one of our offices and working remotely
- Health insurance for you and your dependents (in Kenya)
- 21 days of annual leave plus public holidays plus examination leave
- Ongoing investment in you and your skills, incl. full access to over 5,000 online courses
- The right equipment for the job – a choice of MacBook, Windows, or Linux laptop
KOKO is committed to gender and racial diversity in the workplace. We encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply!
To learn more and apply, click here.