Technical Coordinator, Sistema.bio
Sistema.bio believes that the transition to renewable energy, reduction of global greenhouse gas emissions and adoption of regenerative farming are critical to ensure a thriving world for today and for generations to come.
We advocate for a world in which waste is a resource, and farmers are empowered and productive. Smallholder farmers produce over 80% of our food: our technology and services help them be more sustainable, productive and healthy.
We are a leading global social enterprise operating in Latin America, India, and Africa. We provide farmers with financing to access waste-to-energy technology that is easy to install and maintain, includes great after-sales service and a 10 year relationship with every farmer.
We manufacture, sell, install and finance our patented biodigester systems for small and medium scale farmers to convert their waste into economic, health and environmental benefits. Our products are unique for their simplicity of use, durability and quality.
With a team of about 500 people worldwide, we have reached tens of thousands of farms in 30 countries with clean energy & fertilizer, and we are growing fast. We are on a mission to reduce 1% of global GHG emissions and transform food systems!
By the end of 2025, our goal is to have installed biodigesters for a million people with our technology where they lack access to clean, renewable, and cost-effective energy.
Sistema.bio is the 2019 Ashden Clean cooking Awards winner, Schwab World Economic Forum Fellow, United Nations SDG 7 leader. Sistema.bio is a certified BCorp and has been recognized by Buckminster Fuller Institute, Ashoka, Endeavor and many other leading awards, organizations and partners.
Your mission at Sistema.bio
Reporting to the Technical Operations Manager, in this role you will oversee, region gathering different hubs or field offices. You will manage a team of Assistant Technical Coordinators, Technicians, Site Operatives and Trainees, supervising them to install our biodigesters as per our global quality standards.
You’ll be in charge of:
- Managing technical operations of the project as per Sistema.bio global quality standards.
- Auditing quality control for installations.
- Adhering to Health and Safety for the team.
- Ensuring overall technical KPIs for your area/ Project.
- Managing large system installations with a clear PMP program.
- Managing Inventory.
- Reporting On-time and accurate data at salesforce and to the analytics team for monthly TOps analysis.
- Organizing & coordinating team training. Ensuring all technical training programs in your area/ project.
- Managing cross department collaboration between technical & commercial teams.
- Hiring of technical team members.
More about YOU
- You hold a B.E in Electrical Engineering or any relevant discipline. Specialization on internal combustion engines/ thermodynamics/ or equivalent will be an added advantage.
- M.Tech in Renewable Energy, sustainability or related field is Desirable.
- You can also be considered if you have held a diploma degree with a specialization in Mechanical Engineering only if you have relevant experience.
- You have a demonstrated experience of 1 to 2 years of working with electro-mechanical systems, generators, transfer switches, and other essential components associated for installation and commissioning of engines/ electrical generators. Fresh graduates can apply as well.
- You having hands-on experience with troubleshooting engines/ electrical generators is helpful.
- You having an understanding of the principles of working of engines and generators, and are able to carry out root cause analysis to identify problems, and find solutions is beneficial in this role.
- You have demonstrated experience of 1-3 years of working with gas-based engines is desirable.
- Demonstrated experience of working with biogas-based engines will be an added advantage.
What it is like to work at Sistema.bio
- Global company: At Sistema.bio, you get exposure to working with 3 continents and diverse cultures and people. It’s the opportunity to build an international career and grow as an individual!
- Passion and purpose: Working at Sistema.bio, you work with a very passionate team that believes strongly in working for the social and environmental impact they want to see.
- A growing team with growing opportunities: Sistema.bio is on its way to double in size in the coming years. This growth will open new roles, new countries and a world of new opportunities! We have a roll-up-your-sleeves culture where we offer new opportunities for our team members’ careers and aspirations based on their skills, interests and aspirations.
- Learning about agroecology and small and medium-scale farmers: We make sure that regardless of your background, you get to spend time in the field with farmers and genuinely learn about farming and agroecology in general and its importance.
- Work-life balance: At Sistema.bio, we know you’re at your best when you’re rested and healthy. We therefore give you generous holidays options, parental leave, we pay for your health protection and give you options to work remotely when needed and possible.
- Gender Equality: Sistema.bio is committed to gender equality in the workplace. Thanks to our Gender policies and efforts women represent 57% of the Global team for example, and 27% of our overall workforce. We have flexible hours and expressing spaces for lactating mothers.
- A team of Do’ers: We are a team of doers. You will get a chance to get your hands dirty and learn on the ground up because your ideas and execution matter.
Location, travel and start date
You will be mainly operating out of the Maharastra field office with daily visits to our customers on field. You will be required to travel almost 100% of the time.
To learn more and apply, click here.