Technical Manager, Emerging Markets, BioLite
Title: Technical Manager
Reports to: Technical Director
AFTER SALES & WARRANTY SERVICE
- Manage the delivery of EM After Sales and Warranty including, but not limited to, Policy implementation, Partner Warranty Data, Technical Support and After Sales Service (Training and Repair)
- Support the BioLite Academy in the delivery of After Sales Training
- Drive the technical team in their collection and consolidation of Partner data, including product feedback, critical to providing input into BioLite’s Product Development
TEAM MANAGEMENT & GROWTH
- Manage EM technicians
- Provide continual resource planning and task prioritisation
- Ensure all time tracking is completed by the team
- Provide personnel management, performance management, identify skills gaps, seek growth opportunities for the team.
- Represent EM Technician team activity to leadership & stakeholders
PROCESS & COMPLIANCE
- Monitor and share status of the implementation of BioLites Warranty Policy, processes, training and tools with Partners
- Quality Data Lead. Present monthly KPI performance metrics to the wider BioLite team
- Monitor EM Technician team KPI’s and identify initiatives to improve
- Drive initiatives to ensure accuracy of Partner Warranty Service Data (Return rates, failure rates, sell-through, inventory)
- Maintain strong partnerships with Partners to ensure they are supported in all areas of After Sales and Warranty.
- Frequently attend bi-weekly Partner meetings for Technical support and After Sales
- Foster and manage positive working relationships with cross-functional teams including business development, product development, manufacturing, operations, quality, and supply-chain.
- Attend all internal partner meetings chaired by the Business Development team
- Work closely with the Technical Director, ensuring all team priorities are clearly communicated
OTHER TECHNICAL SUPPORT AREAS
- Assigning resources on Specialised Quality Certification (QC) Projects and activities for example product re-work, investigations or field testing.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Organizational Planning
- Team Leadership / people management
- Critical thinking
- Decision making
- Analyzing Information
- High level of accountability
- Excellent Verbal and Written Communication
- Flexible and adaptable
- Minimum BSc / B ENG in Electrical Engineering or relevant degree
- 5+ years experience in a relevant technical role
- 3+ years experience leading or managing the day-to-day activity of technicians
- Experience working in Sub-Saharan Africa for a company producing or distributing hardware.
- Judgement and decision making skills, able to consider the relative costs and benefits of potential actions, choosing the most appropriate one.
- Flexible, adaptable and comfortable in a fast-changing environment.
- Fast learner. Willing to contribute in areas beyond formal job description.