Clean Cooking Alliance Releases 2022 Annual Report
WASHINGTON D.C., March 14, 2023 — The Clean Cooking Alliance (CCA) released its 2022 Annual Report, highlighting how CCA has continued to transform markets, shape policies, and increase access to clean cooking for the billions of people around the world who still live without it.
With clean cooking companies receiving a record US $200 million in investment, 2022 marked a breakout year for the sector.“After weathering years of uncertainty through the pandemic, clean cooking companies are now seeing more investment than in any year since CCA began tracking investment in 2014,” said CCA CEO Dymphna van der Lans. “More than ever, 2022 highlighted the myriad ways in which clean cooking companies are innovating, making their products more efficient, affordable, and user-friendly. I am confident of even greater progress in 2023, as the initiatives under CCA’s Systems Strategy continue to develop and we strengthen ties with adjacent sectors.”
CCA’s Annual Report shares these and other significant developments from across the organization’s range of activities in 2022. Highlights include:
- Supporting the development and launch of the Spark+ Africa Fund, the world’s first impact fund financing clean and modern cooking solutions, which raised US $54 million at first close.
- Launching the Responsible Carbon Finance for Clean Cooking Initiative, which focuses on building trusted and effective carbon markets to support clean cooking and a just energy transition.
- Growing the Venture Catalyst program, which has now carried out 83 projects in 19 countries, and added five new companies to its portfolio in 2022.
- Implementing four initiatives under the Clean Cooking Systems Strategy, including a Delivery Units Network to help national governments increase access to clean cooking.
- Publishing a Country Action Plan with the Government of Nepal to support Nepal’s energy access goals.
- Welcoming 700+ in-person attendees from 60+ countries to the Clean Cooking Forum 2022, held in Accra, Ghana.
- Inaugurating the second cohort of the Women in Clean Cooking mentorship program by CCA, SEforALL, and GWNET, engaging 120 early- to mid-career women from Africa, Asia, and Haiti.
To download the full 2022 Annual Report, click here.